Old July 25th 08, 10:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-07-25

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the NEWSLETTER of "Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal, dated 2008-07-25.

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

On behalf of the Alpe adria contest comitee, we would like to
invite You and your fellow radio amateurs to participate in the
annual Alpe adria VHF Contest which take place, as usual, on the
first (1st) Sunday (Full Weekend) in August (3. August 2008.)
This year Hrvatski radioamaterski savez (HRS) is adjudicating this
contest. Read more at the official Alpe Adria Contest Webpage:
http://www.alpe-adria-contest.net/

***

VHF-DATABASE at MMMonVHF (http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dbase.php)
Time to time it will be necessary to remember about regular updates
to the VHF-DATABASE at MMMonVHF. We will do our best to hold it up
to date but YOU as a USER of MMMonVHF will be able to maintain your
data in the VHF-DATABASE yourself! LOGIN and follow the ink to
your Account than click on "VHF-DB- Update" and click on the
Call (mostly only YOUR CALL or YOUR Expeditionscall) you wants to
change... Click on EDIT if something to change and edtit it.
Aftre you finished, please dont forget to click on SAVE! Your data
will be reviewed by the Team and released into the VHF-DATABASE
as soon as possible! You will receive a confirmation E-mail when
your data is online available! Infos or changes of OTHER than
your own Calls or your own Expedition Calls as well welcome.
Please do use the Contact Form http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

***

PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT - Remember, only 3 weeks until the PERSEIDS!!!
PERSEIDS Time is Meteorscatter Time and from these year onwards
as well CONTEST Time! Have a look at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ctest.php
The MMMonVHF MS-SPRINT-Contest will be held all over the world
wide! Several people did announce their activity meantime. We will
setup an Overview Table at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php later on!
Pass us Info if you want to be announced here in advance...

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

Just to inform that the CQ9U/CT95S crew as departed from Funchal City
in direction to Selvagens Islands - AF047 -shere they should arrive
between 21 and 24.00 Local time (-1 zulu)on the 23rd of July. They
will do their best to have at least one station working as soon as
they can on the 24th. They will take more time than expected on the
trip, because they had to change boats due to an unexpected breakdown
on the engine of the main boat. This faillure delayed their departure,
but they are very happy and ansious to get into the island and start
to make some qso?s. More info in www.cq9u.com
SOURCE: tnx Luis, CT3EE via GOLIST

***

Tor, DJ8MS, will be again on business trip up to Kiruna, SM2, in
July/August. Stay tuned and watch his MMM DXBlog were he post all
his activities out his base in KP07EU! On weekends alternative
gridsquare MAY BE possible. ! REMEMBER ! This is not a holiday trip
Don't ask me everytime again at KST-Chat where I might become QRV
from and watch out: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/showblog.php?ca=SM-DJ8MS

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

Special event station UE6YYY will be QRV 2-3 August on 2m and 23cm
EME during Russian Hamfest in Maykop LN04. UE6YYY will use on 144
MHz: Icom-970, P.A. abt. 800W and 4x13 H-pol and Rig on 1296MHz:
Icom-970 or TS-2000X, 3,7m. Dish, LNA 0,4dB., P.A. 120W. All modes
CW and JT. For skeds contact with RA6DA Vitaly rv6ba"at"mail"dot"ru
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Serge, UT5JCW and Vitaly RA6DA

***

HB9Q, JN47CG, plan to be QRV July 26th/27th on 144, 432 and 1296 MHz
July 25th from 22.30z until July 26th 13.00z 144.111 JT65b 1st 432.077
JT65b 1st 1296 JT65c/CW and 144/432 CW are on request. Please e-mail
(dan at hb9q dot ch) us or look for us on the logger to arrange for
the QSY. We will announce our activity times and frequencies for
July 27 in the afternoon of July 26th. We will only be QRV July 27
if there is enough activity. We will be stand-by on N0UK logger and
on our 432 logger (see EME loggers on our home-page). Hope to work
you! SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Dan, HB9CRQ/KT6Q head of HB9Q

***

NA-031. Mark, KO1U, will be active as KO1U/m from Conanicut Island
(USI RI-007S, WLOTA LH-1422, Newport County, Rhode Island), during
the RSGB IOTA Contest (July 26-27th). Activity will be sporatic on
7040, 14040 and 14260 kHz and 6 meters (50093.3). QSL via his home
callsign (QRZ.com). SOURCE: OPDX Bulletin

***

Georg, DL8NP, will be on holidaytrip in france (JN12) and QRV for
144 MHz Tropo and as well maybe some SSB MS in Perseids-Shower.
This is only a "micro DX-pedition" during our family holiday. So,
please not too much activity. If everything works, I'm gonna have:
IC202 + 40W PA HB9cv on 8.5 m mast - QRG 144300 MHz +/- I try to
find some time to climb reasonable QTH's with good take-off to W-N-E.
Maybe also SSB-random-QSO's during Perseids.
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Georg, DL8NP

***

Jeff, K7XQ,will be QRV this weekend on both moonrises 144/432/2304
EME. I will be QRV this weekend on both moonrises (Saturday morning
and Sunday morning local). I will configure the dish for 2304 EME
as I am hearing about new activity on this band for this month and
will try to catch it. I will be QRV for the 432 activity period
Sunday from 0800 - 1000 UTC with the newly modified 4 X 9 W.L.
XPOL Array and GS35. SOURCE: tnx Jeff, K7XQ, via MoonNet

***

Alex, IW0GPN/3, will be probably (wx permitting) be qrv on JN66EA
at 1600 m asl. RIG will be 500watt and 16el. on 3rd aug 07-17 UT in
the Alpe Adria Contest with free take off to all directions
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Alex, IW0GPN

***

David, EJ3GKB, will be active as EJ3GKB/p from Inisheer Island
(WLOTA LH-2314) during the IOTA Contest (July 26-27th). Look for
activity before and after the contest on 80-6 meters. QSL via
EJ3GKB. SOURCE: tnx Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #868 & ICPO Bulletin

***

Note that from August, 2 to August, 9 I will be active from Puglia
Region on 50 MHZ, 144 MHZ & HF. Tracken from I0SNY Nicola script the
following program: ISOLA CHIANCA I0SNY/7 - I.I.A. - FG011 - Locator:
JN81BW - SCOGLIO DI PORTONUOVO IO7Y - I.I.A - FG013 - Locator: JN81CU
SCOGLIO SANT'EUFEMIA IO7Y - I.I.A. - FG012 - Locator: JN81CV LIGHT-
HOUSE: PU019 SOURCE I0SNY Script, forwarded by IZ5MOQ on Reflector

***

Mike, PA5M, now active as 4W6AAB is also on 6m. Probably too far
for EU, but not for JA's... First 28 JA's are in the log at some
6500 km distance with a telescopic dipole at about 5m above the
ground. Nice DX. He's running a beacon on 50.094 waiting for callers.
When there's time he will become active when there are breakers.
QRV till 11-08 when time/work allows. Grid shall be PI31.
SOURCE: Dennis, PA7FM, via UKSMG

***

CT3- Madeira . Lars, DF1LON, with YL Sabine, and Christoph, DK2CRN,
will be qrv from Madeira 24th until 31st july. It will be an holiday
activity within contest participation from HF to 6m (CW and SSB).
QSL via Homecall, buro ok. SOURCE: DX-MB 1581

***

The call for iota contest from EU-91 i.i.a. LE-02 Is. GRANDE JN80WG
will be I8LWL/7. The Salento DX Team Italia , along with members of
the ERI Lecce (Alfredo IK7JWX, Enzo I7PXV (CW), Gilberto IK7LMX,
GianCarlo IK7QMJ, Michele IK7FPX) and Castellamare di Stabia
(Leopoldo I8LWL, Titti IK8GQY, Ciro IZ8LFK (CW), Michele IZ8GNW).
Peri contest activities too , in Digits and 6 meters. (loc. JN80WG).
QSL via H.C., via bureau A.R.I. 73 a tutti dal, Alfredo IK7JWX
SOURCE: tnx Alfredo, IK7JWX via SRT-Reflector

***

IOTA CONTEST 2008 - IQ8OM/7 from JN80XB
Isola di Sant’Andrea (Gallipoli) (WAIL-PU023, ARLHS-ITA084, WLOTA-
LH0075, IIA-LE001, IOTA-EU091 - WWLOC-JN80XB) TEAM: IZ0BTV - IZ7AUH
IZ7CDB - IZ7LDC- IZ8GGF - IK8WEJ - IZ8EQF - IW8EQS
SOURCE: tnx Francesco, IZ7AUH via SRT-Reflector

***

Al, WA4EWV, will activate EL79fx at anchor starting Friday afternoon
and evening. We will depart Sunday morning before lunch. There will
be periods of inactivity due to other boats arriving and rafting to
our boat. I will be on PJ, and announce where I am ... Most likely
50.265 First. The beam is on the boat, much to XYL's displeasure!
Says I look like I have a Santa Claus Trap on the bow. Al, WA4EWV,
will activate EL79fx again August 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11...
GL all and 73, Al - SOURCE Al, WA4EWV, via WSJT Reflector

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)