Old September 1st 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.info,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #873

SB DX @ WW KB8NW $OPDX.873
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin No. 873

The Ohio/Penn DX PacketCluster
DX Bulletin No. 873
BID: $OPDX.873
September 1, 2008
Editor Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW
Provided by BARF80.ORG (Cleveland, Ohio)

Thanks to the Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society, Northern Ohio DX
Association, Ohio/Penn PacketCluster Network, AB5K & the AR TelNet
Clusters Network, ARRL DX News, K1XN & GoList, NC1L, NJ1Q, W2VU, NG3K,
W3UR & The Daily DX, N4AA & QRZ DX, NI5DX, K8YSE, KE9V, DX-IS News Site,
Pete's-DX-Newsdesk, DJ8NK, DK8JB, DL2VFR, DL7MAE & The DX News Letter,
F5NQL & UFT, G0VGS, I1JQJ/IK1ADH & 425 DX News, JI5RPT, JI6KVR & IOTA-JA
News, RSGB IOTA Web Site, Union de Radioaficionados Espanoles, VA3RJ &
ICPO and VU2PAI for the following DX information.

*** SPECIAL NOTES FROM EDITOR (by Tedd/KB8NW): My BARF80 Linux system
is still in "LIMBO", so I continue to retrieve my E-mail and send
the bulletin out via my ISP (hamnet.org) direct (until a new Linux
system can be found or put together). Hopefully, things will get
back to normal soon.

DXCC COUNTRY/ENTITY REPORT: According to the AR-Cluster Network for the
week of Sunday, 24th/August, through Sunday, 31st/August there were 206
countries active. Countries available: 3A, 3B8, 3V, 3W, 4J, 4L, 4O, 4S,
4U1U, 4X, 5A, 5B, 5H, 5N, 5R, 5U, 5X, 5Z, 6W, 6Y, 7P, 7Q, 7X, 8P, 9A, 9G,
9H, 9J, 9K, 9M2, 9M6, 9Q, 9V, 9X, 9Y, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A9, AP, BV, BY,
C3, C6, CE, CE9, CM, CN, CP, CT, CT3, CU, CX, D2, DL, DU, E5/s, E7, EA,
EA6, EA8, EA9, EI, EK, EL, EP, ER, ES, ET, EU, EX, EY, EZ, F, FG, FH, FK,
FM, FO, FR, FW, G, GD, GI, GJ, GM, GU, GW, H40, HA, HB, HC, HI, HK, HL,
HP, HR, HS, HV, HZ, I, IS, J2, J3, J6, JA, JT, JX, JY, K, KH2, KH6, KL,
KP2, KP4, LA, LU, LX, LY, LZ, OA, OD, OE, OH, OH0, OK, OM, ON, OX, OY, OZ,
P2, P4, PA, PJ2, PY, PY0F, PZ, R1FJ, S0, S2, S5, S9, SM, SP, ST, SU, SV,
SV5, SV9, T7, TA, TF, TG, TI, TK, TR, TT, TU, TY, TZ, UA, UA2, UA9, UK,
UN, UR, V5, V7, V8, VE, VK, VK9C, VK9N, VP2V, VP8, VP8/o, VP9, VQ9, VR,
VU, XE, XU, XW, YB, YI, YJ, YL, YN, YO, YU, YV, Z2, Z3, ZA, ZB, ZC4, ZD7,
ZD8, ZD9, ZK2, ZL, ZP, ZS

* PLEASE NOTE: The report "could" contain "Pirate/SLIM" operations or
more likely a "BUSTED CALLSIGN". As always, you never know - "Work
First Worry Later" (WFWL).

5R, MADAGASCAR (Updated IOTA Op!). As mentioned fours weeks ago, a team
of French operators will be active from Sainte Marie Island (AF-090, in
the northeast part of Madagascar) between September 18-27th. Operators
mentioned a Jack/F1BCS, Jim/F1HDI, Gil/F5JBE, Remy/F6ABJ, Michel/
F6COW, Oliver/F6EIE and Dan/F6EPD. Activity will be on all HF bands
(160-6m) and modes (CW, SSB, SSTV, PSK31, RTTY and JT65). Look for them
on the IOTA frequencies for SSB contacts, and dedicated frequenices for
the other modes. Look for the following callsigns on the following modes:
5R8GM (SSB), 5R8JM (CW) and 5R8IM (Digital) and 5R8EM (2m EME JT65 -
144.114 MHz, calling first, all random, 4x8 elements w/500w). QSL via
F1BCS.

5X, UGANDA. Nick, G3RWF, will once again be active as 5X1NH in November.
Activity will probably be from Fort Portal in western Uganda. He is
expected to be in the CQ WW DX CW Contest (November 29-30th). QSL via
G3RWF.

8Q, MALDIVES (AS-013). Igor, UA9KDF, is expected to be active as 8Q7FD
until September 11th. Activity will be mainly PSK and RTTY.

A3, TONGA (OC-049). A group of JA operators will be active from here
between September 12-17th. Operators mentioned a Nob/JA2AAU (A35AU),
Yoshi/JA2AIC (A35IC), Iwao/JA2LSS (A35SS), Iku/JA2ATE (A35TE) and Mori/
JA2ZS (A35ZS). Activity will be on all bands and modes. QSL via the
information on QRZ.com for each callsign.

ANTENNA PUBLICATION AVAILABLE ONLINE. Jeff, KE9V, informs OPDX that Scott
Anderson, NE1RD, has published another amateur radio manual and has made
it available online. He (Jeff) reports that the publication "Antennas for
100 Pound DXpeditions (Volume 1)" -- "is a 238 page exhaustive treatise
on the subject of portable lightweight antennas that are ideally suited
to grab and go on a DXpedition." This publication can be viewed (in PDF
format) at: http://ke9v.net/2008/08/antennas-for...nd-dxpeditions

C5, THE GAMBIA. Members of the Spanish "DX4DX TEAM" will be active
(possibly as C56EA) between October 14-24th. Operators mentioned a
Paco/EA4BT (Team Leader), Ramon/EA4NA, Emilio/EA7AAW, Julio/EA7JB,
Salvador/EA7SB and Jose/EA7LS. Activity will be on the HF bands and
6 meters using CW, SSB and RTTY modes. For more details and updates,
visit their Web page at: http://www.dx4dx.com

CE, CHILE. A group of Chilean operators will activate CE1W from the white
sandy beaches of the Bahia Inglesa resort in northern Chile during the CQ
WW DX SSB Contest (October 25-26th) as a Multi-Multi entry. The operators
mentioned a Alex/CA2UDI, Juan/CA4UJU, Sergio/CE1TT, Daniel/CE2EYN,
Marco/CE6TBN, Nicolas/XQ1IDM, Patricio/XQ1KY, Danilo/XQ4CW and possibly
one more. QSL via HA1AG. For more info, please visit the Web page at:
http://www.qsl.net/ce6tbn/ce1w/ce1w.htm

CT3/CT9, MADEIRA ISLANDS. A group of German operators from the Rhein
Ruhr DX Association (RRDXA) Contest Team will be active from here between
November 25th and December 3rd. They will sign CT9L during the CQWW DX
CW Contest (November 29-30th) as a Multi-? entry. QSL via DJ6QT. Outside
the contest, operators will sign CT3/homecall. QSL via their home
callsigns. Operators mentioned a DJ7JC, DF1AL, DK3QZ, DL1XW, DL2OBF,
DL3HAH, D3LQQ, DL5XX and PA0R.

DX MAGAZINE'S MOST WANTED SURVEY. It is that time again to participate
in DX Magazine's annual "Most Wanted Survey". The survey is now being
taken through October 15th. Carl, N4AA, editor of "QRZ DX" and "The DX
Magazine" reports that the survey forms are available at:
http://www.dxpub.com/dx_survey2008.html
Carl states, "In response to a number of comments in recent years, you
will find around 300 entities to choose from this year. The ones NOT
included are the ones we felt were not justified to be included, such
as W/K, VE, G, DL, F, I, etc. If anyone should want those included in
their response, there is space for you to do a 'write-in' at the end
of the survey form. In addition to the increase in the number of entities,
you will also find a new column this year, '160-30', for those who want
to express a need for contacts on the bands 160, 80, 40 and 30. Again,
this is in response to suggestions from YOU in recent years." Carl also
stresses, "IF AT ALL POSSIBLE USE THE WEB FORM - PLEASE !! As in past years
you will be asked to provide your CONTINENT. If you are in North America,
you are asked to provide the TIME ZONE in North America . PLEASE...
PLEASE...PLEASE be careful when selecting your CONTINENT. Many responses
arrive with obviously the wrong one selected. Those responses must be
removed so they do not 'skew' the results. Make your response count by
marking the CORRECT continent. Printed forms may be mailed in and I will
enter those myself, but I must receive those no later than October 15th.
As usual the continental results will be published in the January/February,
and the Mode Results will be published in the March/April, issues of The
DX Magazine. The overall top 100 will be posted on the web site around
January 15th."

DXCC NEWS.............
Bill Moore, NC1L, ARRL Awards Branch Manager, reports (on August 29th):
"The 2007 DXCC yearbooks have arrived from the printer. The ARRL mail
room will prepare them for shipping and they should start going out
the middle of next week. You will receive the free copy if:
* A submission was received during the 2007 calendar year.
* If you did not make a submission during the calendar year, but you
were 'current' on the DXCC Honor Roll for this period. ARRL Membership
is also required for the free edition
Copies are available for purchase as follows:
USA - 7.00 USDs --or-- Non-USA - 8.00 USDs
Price includes postage."

Bill Moore, NC1L, ARRL Awards Branch Manager, reports (on August 27th):
"DXCC is pleased to announce the issuance of award number 1 on 70cm
EME (432 MHz) to Jan Bruinier, DL9KR! First licensed in 1951 and a
career in civil aviation, Jan retired from the cockpit 1991, then
worked as a consulting engineer until 2003.
His 70cm station consists of 16 long yagis (24el, 8,5 wl booms) of
his own design with open wire feeder, a preamp ATF58143 cavity into
23dBm mixer into TS870, TX 1500w.
With the guidance of his elmer, Charlie O'Brien W2EQS, Jan achieved
160 Meter DXCC in 1985 endorsing it to 152 entities. Jan was also
helpful to Stewart Perrry, W1BB, who as you may remember achieved 160
meter DXCC number one in 1976! Congratulations to Jan, and, who will
be next?"

EA8, CANARY ISLANDS. Stephan, DK3TNA, will be active as EA8/DK3TNA from
Fuerteventura Island (AF-004, DIE S-006, WLOTA LH-0883) between October
20th and November 1st. Activity will be 80-10 meters CW/SSB, using only
100 watts and a dipole antenna. QSL via his home callsign, direct or by
the bureau.

IOTA NEWS..........................
AF-018. Arturo, IK7JWY, will be active as IH9M from Pantelleria Island
(IIA TP-001, MIA MI-124, WLOTA LH-0041) during the CQWW DX CW
Contest (November 29-30th) as a Single-Op/Single-Band (possibly
160, 80 or 40m) entry. QSL via his home callsign, direct or by
the bureau.

AS-007. Mitsuru, JA1BAL, is expected to be active from Honshu Island
(JIIA AS-007-001) between September 1st and October 30th. QSL
via the JARL Bureau.

AS-117. Look for JA1YUC/4 to be active from Tukune Island, JA4 Hiroshima
Pref starting August 31st. Activity will be on the HF bands, SSB.
QSL via the home callsign, by the Bureau or direct to:
TOKYO DENTAL COLLEGE A.R.C, 1-2-2 Masago, Mihamaku, Chiba-City
261-8502 JAPAN.

EU-007. Operators Helmut/DL5DSM and Matthias/DL4ML will sign EJ/DL5DSM
from Great Blasket, Ireland, for some hours between 1000-1530z
on September 21st, weather permitting. They prefer 20 meters
and are expected to use only 100 watts. QSL via the home
callsign.

EU-008. (Update) Members of Sands Contest Group and Workington Amateur
Radio Society are combining to activate the Isle of Jura,
between September 22-29th. They are hoping to be active on
all modes and bands as conditions allow. The callsign used
will be MS0SCG. The Sands Contest Group has previously activated
Mull in 2006, and Workington Amateur Radio Society has had
several activations, the last of which was Barra Island in
2007. More information as it happens can be found on the Sands
Contest Group blog which will have daily updates during the
activation at: http://m0scg.blogspot.com
They hope to work as many stations as possible. There should
also be some SOTA activation during the week.

EU-052. Zdenek, OK1MBZ, will be active as SV8/OK1MBZ/p from the
Island of Kerkyra [aka Corfu] (MIA MG-055, WLOTA LH-4132)
from September 2-11th. Activity will be on all HF bands, CW
only. QSL via his home callsign, direct or by the bureau.

EU-054. Operators Raffaello/IT9ATF, Renato/IT9NPR, Pippo/IT9PPG and
Pino/IT9WDC will be active as IF9A from Favignana Island (IIA
TP-011, MIA MI-025, WLOTA LH-1545), between October 24-26th,
for the CQWW DX SSB Contest. Activity will be on all bands
and modes. QSL via IT9ATF, direct or by the Bureau.

EU-074. (UPDATE) Members of the Granville ARC (F5KAQ) will be active
from Brehat Island (MA-012 and WLOTA 2010), September 1-8th.
Activity will be on 80-10 meters using CW, RTTY, PSK and SSB.
At the last minute the team was unable to take VHF/UHF
equipment. Operators mentioned are Benoit/F8PDR, Jean-Jacques/
F5NKX, Denis/F5RJM, Rolf/F9ZG, Alain/F5HVI, Rene/F6CMC and
Alain/F6ACH. During this week's activities, some QSOs may be
valid also for lighthouses, castles and mills.

EU-124. (UPDATE) Operators Ian/G1JCC, Dick/G4LBH, Don/G4LOO, David/
G4MVU, Terry/G4UEM, Andy/G8ATD and Bryan/M0BIK will be active
as GB2CI from Caldey Island (WLOTA LH-4056, WAB SS19, WW Loc.
IO71PP) between 1800z, September 2nd to 1100z, September 8th.
This will be a holiday style operation on all bands 160-2
meters. They will run 400w on HF and 200w on 6 and 2 meters.
Look for the callsign GW3SVJ/P to be used over the weekend of
September 6-7th for SSB Field Day and 2m Trophy contests. QSL
direct or by the bureau to G8ATD. More information can be found
at: http://vhfcomm.co.uk/lvg

EU-165. A group of operators from the Associazione Radioamatoriale
Sardinia QRP Club will be active as IQ0QP from Quirra Island
(IIA CA-009) on September 14th between 0900-1600z. This will
be a QRP operation on 80(NVIS antenna), 40 and 20 meters,
using CW and SSB. Suggested frequencies a 3560, 3590, 3620,
7030, 7040, 7090, 14030, 14060 and 14320 kHz (+/- 1 kHz). They
will use a Yaesu FT817, Elecraft KX1, Smallwonderlabs RM80,
RM40, RM20 and Pixie 2. QSL direct to: P.O. Box 81,
09047 Selargius - CA, Italy. Visit their web page at:
http://www.sardiniaqrp.com/

NA-050. John, KL7HBK, may once again activate the Barter Island station
in September. Specific dates were not provided.

NA-092. Mike, AB5EB, will be active as homecall/p from Matagorda
Island (USI TX-010S, Calhoun County, Texas), and the Matagorda
lighthouse (ARLHS USA-482, TWLHD WLH K-096, WLOTA LH-1860,
USGC 4-1312, WW Loc. EL18SI) from September 12-14th. Activity
will be CW/SSB on, or near, the usual island and lighthouse
frequencies. QSL via his home callsign (CBA).

IOTA TOUR (Scandinavia). Operators YL Gabi/DF9TM and Frank/DL2SWW will
be traveling to several IOTAs in SM, OH and OH0, between September 5-23rd.
Look for them to use the callsigns SD7M, SD7W, OH0/homecall and OH/homecall
from the following locations:
EU-002 - Aland Islands
EU-084 - Uppsala/Stockholm County Group (Sweden)
EU-087 - Vasternorrland County Group (Sweden)
EU-096 - Lansi-Suomi (Turku) Province Group (Finland)
EU-101 - Lansi-Suomi (Vaasa) Province Group (Finland)
EU-173 - Lansi-Suomi (Pori) Province Group (Finland)

Exact dates will be announced on the following Web page under "2008
Scandinavia IOTA Tour" at: http://www.iota-expedition.com/scand/scand.html
QSL via bureau, SD7M via DF9TM and SD7W via DL2SWW.

J3, GRENADA. Ulf, DL5AXX, will once again be active from Grenada (NA-024,
WLOTA LH-0718) as J3/homecall between November 25th and December 9th.
Activity will include a Single-Op/All-Band entry in the CQWW DX CW
Contest (November 29-30th). He also plans to enter the ARRL 160 Meter
Contest. QSL via his home callsign, direct or by the bureau.

JD1, OGASAWARA. Makoto/JI5RPT (JD1BLY) and Harry/JG7PSJ (JD1BMH) will
be active from Chichijima Island (IOTA AS-031) in the Ogasawara Island
group between December 28th and January 2nd (2009). Activity will be
on 160-6 meters (mainly low bands), using satellites, CW, SSB and the
Digital modes. QSL via their home callsigns. For more details see:
http://www.ji5rpt.com/jd1/
http://sapphire.ganko.tohoku.ac.jp/jd1bmh/

KH0, MARIANA ISLANDS. Satoshi, JQ1OCR/N2QP, will be active as KH0/N2QP
on Saipan (OC-086), September 4-8th. He plans to be in the All Asian DX
Phone Contest (September 6-7th). QSL direct only to Satoshi Kouya,
2-7-5 Iwamoto-cho, Chiyoda, Tokyo 101-0032, Japan.

OH0, ALAND ISLANDS. The ARRL DX News reports Peter/DL5FF and Siegfried/
DL9ZE will be active as OH0JWL and OH0/DL9ZE, respectively, from Eckeroe
Island (EU-002) until September 7th. Activity will be on 40/30/20/15
meters using CW, SSB and RTTY. QSL via their home callsigns.

P4, ARUBA (Special Event). Look for the special callsign P41USA to be
activated again (in remembrance of the USA attacks on September 11, 2001)
between September 3-12th. Operators mentioned a Bob/P49T (W3BTX),
Joop/P43JB and Roy/W3TEF. Activity will be on all bands 160-2 meters.
QSL Manager is W3TEF. Reference numbers for Aruba a SA-036, WLOTA
LH-0033.

PJ2, NETHERLANDS ANTILLES. Viaceslav, LY4F, will be active as PJ2/LY4F
from the PJ2T Signal Point station on the Island of Curacao (SA-006, WLOTA
LH-0942), September 4-18th. He plans to use the callsign PJ2F during the
WAE DX SSB Contest (September 6-7th) as a Single-Op/All-Band/High-Power
entry. Outside of the contest, look for activity on all bands and modes.
QSL via LY1FF, the bureau is preferred.

QSL INFO AND NEWS.....................
QSL ROUTES by Johannes/DK8JB and Tedd/KB8NW:
4L6AMB direct (2 new IRC, no green stamps)
AM1KR via EC1KR
CS3500F via CS3MAD
ED5ST via EA5ST
JY5CC via JY4CI

NEW QSL MANAGER. Buzz, NI5DX, has become the QSL Manager for Steve,
KL7SB, in Anchorage, Alaska. Buzz will be able to confirm all contacts
with Steve for his Alaskan operation. However, Steve's TF and HB0
operations should still be sent to his home address.

VU2PAI QSLS. Pai, VU2PAI, sends OPDX the following message (edited):
"After almost 3 hectic years, I am free and back on the air again. I
was very busy with business and office work and doing a lot of travel
in India and to DX lands. I was at Dayton Hamfest this year and it was
a lot of fun! I will surely be there next year also. I will try and
visit Fredrichshafen next year. The reason for my mail is regarding
my QSLs. I am clearing all my old backlog of QSL cards, and if anybody
needs a QSL card from me for all my activities, they may please send me
the QSO details to: --or--
QSL cards for Expeditions to IOTA AS-096 (St. Marys Island, May 2001)
and AS-161 (Sacrifice Rock, January 2002) can be sent to me. I still
have cards left from my activities as VU2PAI/50, AT0PAI, AT2PAI and
VU2PAI/C, so if anyone needs a card for those contacts, I will be happy
to QSL.
Please note mail is tampered in the post office. Avoid sending green
stamps to India while sending QSL cards. IRCs are fine. If sending green
stamps registered air mail letter is better.
I would be happy to recieve any postage stamps instead of IRCs or green
stamps, so if you have any spare stamps or envelopes with stamps from
your country or DX contacts, I will be happy to get them. I have been
collecting postage stamps since I was in school, and I donate my extra
stamps to our local stamp club to school children.
All QSL cards for contact with VU7LD/VU2PAI go to W3HNK who is the QSL
Manager for the VU7LD expedition. QSL cards for only AT0AI (IOTA AS-169
Arnala Island) is via VU2SWS.
See you on the air soon, and I apologize for the delay in some QSL
cards. I will soon be active on digital and low bands also. I hope you
publish this information in your next DX news bulletin.....
73, Pai, VU2PAI (also VU7LD/VU2PAI)"
Ananth G.Pai, Post Box-730, Bharath Beedi Works Ltd, Kadri Road,
Mangalore - 575 003 India.

QSLS VIA LOTW: 3D2NB, 3D2NR, 5R8GZ, 5U1A, 5U2K, 5U4A, EA1DR, EA5AID,
GB7HQ, LN2HQ, SA3D, VP2MRM, VP6DX, ZC4LI and ZK1YAQ

QSLS RECEIVED VIA MAIL: 3DA0ZO, 3XM6JR, 3XD2Z, 3Y0E, 4K5D, 4L6QC, 4X0X,
9X0R, AI5P/KH2, C21DL, CP4BT, CT3/OM3GI, D4C, EX7ML, FO/G4MFW, FO/KH0PR,
FR1AN, H7/K9NW, HP2/JA6REX, HP4/JA6REX, HQ8R, JX/G7VJR, JX/SQ4MP,
N1YC/VK9X, OA4BHY/3, S21XF, T88PR, TK7C, V63WWA, V73PX, VP6PR, VR2008O,
YU8/S56M, VP6DX, ZL7/KH0PR and ZW8DX

QSLS RECEIVED VIA THE BUREAU: 9A7A, DK1II, EA8ZS, EI9E, IK4MHB, K3LR,
LU7HF and OL1C

S7, SEYCHELLES. Tom, DJ6TF, will be on holiday on La Digue Island between
September 2-14th. If he can obtain a licence, look for him to be on 30
meters and RTTY.

SILENT KEYS...............
* W4XAA/SK -- Richard Moseson (W2VU), Editorial Director for CQ
Communications, informs OPDX that Radio monitoring icon Tom Kneitel,
W4XAA (ex-K2AES), passed away in Florida on August 22nd at age 75.
He had been in poor health for the past several years. Tom was senior
editor and founding editor of Popular Communications magazine, a CQ
publication. For more details, please visit the following Web pages
at:
http://www.popular-communications.com/Tommy.html
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2008/08/25/10283/?nc=1

* S53AW/SK -- Jan, DJ8NK, informs OPDX that Goj, S53AW, one of the most
vivid and enthusiastic Slovenian DXers, passed away August 25th at the
age of 82. Goj was high up on the DXCC list with 332/347 but had not
been active for about one year due to his long lasting illness, so he
missed some new ones. Although he was a keen DXer and one of the very
first foreigners to operate from BY1PK, he had for many years a regular
Sunday sked with some W and VE friends. Jan states, "We will miss him."

OPDX and its read would like to send out our deepest sympathy to the
family and friends of the above mentioned.

SPECIAL EVENT (Highway to a DX Party!). The Citrus Belt Amateur Radio
Club of San Bernardino, California, will host (probably one of the most
fun special event activities) the 9th annual "Route 66 On The Air"
special event between September 13-21st. The purpose of this event is
to offer amateur radio operators a fun way to "Relive the Ride" of their
own memories of Route 66, and to celebrate the highway's 82nd anniversary.
The U.S. Highway 66 established in 1926, was the first major improved
highway to link the west coast with the nations heartland. Through stories,
songs, and TV shows, the highway came to symbolize the spirit of the
freedom of the open road, inspiring many to see America. Look for the
following 19 stations (two are rovers) operating in or around the major
cities along the old "Route 66" from Santa Monica, California, to Chicago,
Illinois:
Stations City Club
-------- -------------------- -------------------------
W6A Santa Monica, CA Westside Amateur Radio Club
W6B Los Angeles, CA Westside Amateur Radio Club
W6C San Bernardino, CA Citrus Belt Amateur Radio Club
W6D Victorville, CA Victor Valley Amateur Radio Club
W6E Barstow, CA Barstow Amateur Radio Club
W6F Kingman, AZ Hualapai Amateur Radio Club
W6G Flagstaff, AZ Northern Arizona DX Association
W6H Albuquerque, NM New Mexico Amateur Radio Alliance
W6I Amarillo, TX Chapter 141, QCWA
W6J Elk City, OK Western Oklahoma Amateur Radio Club
W6K Oklahoma City, OK No Club Affiliation
W6L Tulsa, OK Tulsa Amateur Radio Club
W6M Riverton, KS Wichita Amateur Radio Club
W6N Joplin, MO Joplin Amateur Radio Club
W6O Lebanon, MO Lebanon Amateur Radio Club
W6P St. Louis, MO St. Louis Amateur Radio Club
W6Q Chicago, IL Six Meter Club of Chicago

ROVER STATIONS
----------------
W6R Goleta, CA Santa Barbara Amateur Radio Club
W6S Santa Barbara, CA No Club Affiliation

Special event stations are expected to be found in the vicinity of the
following frequencies. (Look for digital modes in the standard band segments
for such mode) All frequencies +/- QRM:
CW - 3533, 7033, 10110, 14033, 18080, 21033, 24900, 28033 and 50033 kHz
SSB - 3866, 7266, 14266, 18164, 21366, 24966, 28466 and 50166 kHz
R66 MOBILE Operations - Any amateurs operating while actually driving
along Route 66 during the special event period are encouraged to
take part in "Route 66 On The Air", by using the designation
"mobile 66" for SSB or "/m66" for CW after their callsigns. All
other amateur radio operators are welcome to contact these mobile
operators.
REPEATERS - Some of the participating clubs will also be operating this
event from their local VHF/UHF repeaters. Check the ARRL repeater
guide for possible repeater frequencies, if your in the local area.

Each participating club will issue their own QSL card commemorating
this event. QSL information is available on the Web at:
http://www.w6jbt.org/Route_ota/Gener...s/QSLRoute.htm
For more details about the event and the certificate that is available,
please visit the "Route 66 OTA Site" at:
http://www.w6jbt.org/Route_ota/Index.htm

SV5, DODECANESE. Fred, PA1FJ, will be active as SV5/PA1FJ/p from the
Island of Kos (EU-001, MIA MGD-016, WLOTA LH-1730), between now and
September 7th. He will be running QRP with 5 watts, using a Yaesu FT-817
and Buddistick antenna or 2x5m dipole. QSL via his home callsign, direct
(QRZ.com), eQSL or bureau.

T2, TUVALU. Aki, JA1KAJ, is expected to be here this week between September
2-8th. Look for him to be active in the All Asian Contest and on 160-10
meters using CW, SSB, RTTY and perhaps PSK31 and SSTV. He plans to use
a long wire for the lowbands and a Yagi for 20-10 meters. He will receive
his callsign upon his arrival.

T8, PALAU. Sadayuki, JH1UUT, will once again be active as T88DB from Palau
(OC-009) between September 4-8th. Look for him during the ALL ASIAN DX
PHONE CONTEST (September 6-7th). Suggested frequencies a 3795, 7085,
14200/14260, 21260/21290 and 28460/28490 kHz. QSL via his home callsign.

T8, PALAU. Operators Pista/HA5AO (ex-HA7VT) and Tibi/HA7TM will be active
as T88CI and T88CJ, respectively, from November 22nd to December 3rd.
Activity will be on 160-6 meters. QSL via their home callsign, direct or
by the bureau. Visit their Web page at: http://www.ha7tm.hu/t88

ZF, CAYMAN ISLANDS. Jim, KD3YK, will be active as ZF2JM from Grand Cayman
Island (NA-016, WLOTA LH-1042) between now and September 11th. Look for
activity between 1030-1200z and again at 2130-2300z on 40 and 20 meters.
Jim will be operating QRP power on or near the QRP frequencies. QSL via
operator's instructions.

ZP6, PARAGUAY. Operators Jan/DL7UFN and Rolf/DL7VEE will be active as
ZP6/homecall from the QTH of Tom, ZP5AZL/ZP0R, in Asuncion, between
September 4-14th. Activity is planned for 160-10 meters using CW, SSB,
RTTY and some PSK. QSL via their home callsigns.

ZS8, MARION ISLANDS. There is still no activity reported. For updates
and the first offical announcement of ZS8T being on the air, please
visit the official ZS8T Web site at: http://zs8t.net

** IMPORTANT NOTICE/REMINDER ** The Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin now has a new
FAX number. Contributors can now send/fax their DX information to the
following number: 1-419-828-7791 ( F A X only! )
ALSO VISIT THE NORTHERN OHIO DX ASSOCIATION'S WEB HOME PAGE:
http://www.papays.com/nodxa.html
Excerpts and distribution of The OPDX Bulletin are granted as long as
KB8NW/OPDX/BARF80 receive credit. To contribute DX info, please send
via InterNet Mail to: - OR -
Information can now be faxed to the following "NEW" phone line at:
1-419-828-7791 (F A X only!)

/EXIT
--
Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW -