Old January 31st 13, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default QRZ Forums - Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events for Thursday 31 January 2013

QRZ Forums - Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events

Special Event Station - GB6GVS - Gresham Village School

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...l&goto=newpost

Advance notification after a successful year one as (GB2GVS) this small
school of approx 80 pupils ( aged 6 to 11) will be hosting GB6GVS (Gresham
Village School, near Cromer in Norfolk UK) in March 2013.

The school is now 116 years old and was built and opened in 1897.

Last year the children were very excited to speak via D-Star repeater
system to Japan, USA, Canada, Switzerland, Netherlands, Poland to name but
a few. The event was so successful that the school has adopted one week a
year of their curriculum to Science week. This will include 2 days of
Radio. The children once again will be learning and sending their name in
Morse Code for a certificate, followed by a chance to talk to someone in
another country many miles away. The children last year were very proud
and excited to talk to people from around the world and collect their
Amateur Radio Certificate at the end of the week.

We will be operating on Analogue again this year as well as digital.
Unfortunately due to health and safety, we are unable to put up a mast for
HF antennas on the school premises, and as they are all young children, we
don't think that this is necessary, as they were all thrilled and excited
to use the equipment that we had available for them on the day.

The Two independent operators this year are Andy 2E0AIV and Billy G0UIQ

The callsign is GB6GVS, so if you hear us, please spare a few moments to
speak to one of our children as you will make their day

any questions or if you are representing a school and wish to make a
schedule then please email and we will try to accommodate

full details on QRZ.COM

Thanks for reading

Andy 2E0AIV

national air ambulance week sept 23--30 2013

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...3&goto=newpost

SIR DAVID JASON

PLEDGES SUPPORT FOR NATIONAL AIR AMBULANCE WEEK 23-30 SEPTEMBER 2013

.... One of Britains most famous and respected actors Sir David Jason is
getting behind the first National Air Ambulance Week. Sir David has come a
long way from his days as an electrician; since then he has won many
prestigious awards for his work, with roles greatly varying from the
comical Del Boy in Only Fools and Horses, to the more serious role of Jack
Frost in A Touch of Frost.

Sir David became interested in flying when he was young and has a keen
interest in space exploration and all things aeronautical. He started out
his own flying experience in gliders and then progressed to helicopters.
Because of this keen interest Sir David became involved with the
Association of Air Ambulances (AAA) and in March 2009 Sir David was asked,
and agreed to lend his support to the work of Air Ambulance Charities by
becoming Patron of AAA.

Speaking of his involvement, Sir David said:

"I am honoured to be fronting the very first united National Air Ambulance
Week campaign across the UK. It is vitally important that we spread the
word that Air Ambulance Charities up and down the UK are not Government
funded and rely on public donations to remain operational. Everyday lives
are being saved by the highly skilled Air Ambulance crews. Please give
whatever you can spare to support your local Air Ambulance."

The heart of the week long Appeal will be very much encouraging the
communities and businesses across the country to support their local Air
Ambulance charity. By doing so it will make a huge difference and
effectively help to save lives in the community that you live in. Every
penny really goes a long way in helping save lives.

NAAW is an initiative put together by the Association of Air Ambulances
(AAA), the trade body which unites not only Air Ambulance charities from
across the country, but also operators and ambulance services.The
Association gives a national voice to a local service.

Clive Dickin, Director of the Association of Air Ambulances (AAA) said We
are delighted to have Sir David Jason as our patron. It really does help us
to raise awareness of our members and the essential work that they carry
out locally. Our members are encouraging fundraising very much at a grass
roots level for example mufti or a dress up/dress down days at schools,
colleges or work places? Fundraising should be fun!

You may wish to organise your own event maybe you want to hold a cake
sale, fete, or do something more daring like a parachute jump or sponsored
swim. Whatever you decide to do, rest assured that all monies raised will
stay local, helping to keep your local Air Ambulance flying.

To show your support and find out more about how you can help your local
Air Ambulance

hello all @ over the world please can you click on my vistiors map please

73 john m0hem