Old November 1st 14, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default QRZ Forums - Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events for Saturday 1 November 2014

QRZ Forums - Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events

Special Event Station Response

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...e&goto=newpost

To NO4DB, thanks for sending your nasty and disrespectful note about our
U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary 75th Anniversary special event station. If you
don't like and agree with 1X1 call signs, send your comments to the FCC.
It's too bad you didn't like the fact that we spent time talking to the
scouts for their JOTA; it was part of our mission to do so to help support
them in getting youth interested in the hobby. The future of our country
is our youth. A special event station is all about having fun. It isn't a
contest and so we took the time to talk to other hams and get to know some
of them. Additionally, we had visitors who are not amateur radio operators
and it was an opportunity for them to hear some exchanges other than 59 and
state. Next time, please keep your comments to yourself. 73s from N7Z.