Old December 15th 14, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default QRZ Forums - Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events for Monday 15 December 2014

QRZ Forums - Contests, DXpeditions and Special Events

Reporting on Contest

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...t&goto=newpost

Hello,

I have question regarding "rules" on contest.

A ham with more experience than me is arguing that reports must be
59(9)+Number.

While I say, why I must give 59 when I'm receiving the transmitter 3 or 5
or 7. I will give the real report, what I read on my S-Meter.

http://www.qsl.net/zs1an/contesting_faq.html#cq-zone

"..Although the rules normally specify that the exchange must include a
signal report, no-one actually cares much what the real signal report is.
So to simplify things, contesters just send 599 reports even if the signal
is barely intelligible. However the number "9" is replaced by the
letter "N" because it is faster to send. "Shortened" numbers, like "N"
instead of "9" are known as "cut numbers"."

The above, which the other ham directs to me is relevant for CW. Isn't it?

I'm talking about contest on phone and the other ham about cw...

Is it wrong to give the exact report on phone?

Or is this rule only applicable for CW

73's TA2IBY