Old October 18th 16, 12:15 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default [MKARS] The Enigma Cipher Challenge

MKARS - Milton Keynes Amateur Radio Society

The Enigma Cipher Challenge

https://www.mkars.org.uk/news/articl...pher_challenge

I have uploaded a short film on Vimeo filmed during theÂ*Enigma Cipher
Challenge showing theÂ*Bombe team at Bletchley Park working with GCHQ
receiving encrypted messages from an Enigma and deciphering them with the
replica Bombe machine.

There are also two short films from Will Fludgate's (G1YYU) factory on
Vimeo hereÂ*showing glass blowing which may be of interest to the members as
well as a video made on Bletchley Parks 40's weekend.

MKARS Rally - Thank you!

https://www.mkars.org.uk/news/articl...y_-_thank_you_

Â*

Â*

Â*

Thank you to all the traders and visitors that attended our Rally last
Sunday (26th) at Bletchley Park.

Even the weather was kind to us!

This was our last year at this particualr location, so remember to follow
us on Twitter for details of our new venue, as they become available.

We will also put your feedback to good use in creating a bigger and better
event in the future.
Steve G6KJU
Rally Manager
MKARS

Â*

Â*

Lavendon Narrow Gauge Railway GB4NGR

https://www.mkars.org.uk/news/articl...railway_gb4ngr

Excellent day at the Lavendon Narrow Gauge Railway (LNGR) GB4NGR today, big
thanks to Frank (M0RPM) and everyone who helped set up making this event
successfully and of course to our hosts for the endless supply of drinks
and food again.

Great to catch up with everyone. Here are a few pictures of the day..

Centenary of Alan Turing's birth

https://www.mkars.org.uk/news/articl...turing_s_birth

MKARS will celebrate 100 Years since Alan Turing's birth with a series of
special events using the specially issued Notice Of Variation (NOV)
callsign GB2AMT (Alan Mathison Turing).

On 16th and 17th June, we at MKARS will be receiving multiple Enigma
transmissions using CW (Morse code) from GCHQ's tent at the Cheltenham
Science Festival.
A special NOV has been issued by Ofcom for this occasion, allowing the
encrypted transmission to take place. GCHQ will be transmitting using the
call sign GB5AMT and we will be receiving this particular transmission
using the GB2BP call sign.
What's unique with this NOV is that GB5AMT can only transmit directly to
GB2BP and cannot receive any transmissions. However, we will confirm
receipt of transmission to GB5CSF, which is the call sign of the Cheltenham
Science Festival.

As far we are aware, this is the first time Ofcom has granted permission
for an encrypted transmission on the amateur radio bands.

We will be using at least 2-3 receiving stations, in order to more closely
imitate reception conditions as they were during the war.
The messages received by each station will then be compared/collated at a
central point and then fed into the Bombe machine in Block B at Bletchley
Park.
This part of the event will be transmitted by video link to Cheltenham, and
theÂ*decoded message will then be sent back to Cheltenham using Twitter.

On 23 and 24 June, we will be operating using the GB2AMT call sign.

We will also be operating on 30th June and 1st July,Â* however this time
using our standard GB2BP call sign.

On both occasions we hope to operate the station from the green outside the
Mansion at Bletchley Park, however this is weather dependant and might
change!

Foundation - Class of April 2012 - 100% Success

https://www.mkars.org.uk/news/articl...-_100__success

Congratulations to the twelve new Foundation licensees, on passing their
Foundation exam tonight (6th June 2012). Â*Welcome to the wonderful world of
amateur radio. Â*We look forward to hearing you on the air in the near
future. Â*Andrew G8GNI & Frank M0JSZ

RSGB Club of the Year Presentation

https://www.mkars.org.uk/news/articl...r_presentation

In a boost to moral for all those that have worked hard to make MKARS a
better club, I'm pleased to announce that yesterday evening Alison Johnston
(G8ROG) [our regional representative from the RSGB] presented MKARS with
the region 9 RSGB Club of the Year certificate. For those that could not
attend this will proudly go on display next to our second place national
Club of the Year certificate in GB2BP which was presented at the AGM.

This was followed by an informative presentation from Don Beattie
(G3BJ)Â*about the RSGB and its plans for the future, which concluded with a
lively questions and answers session enjoyed by all.

All with the added bonus of taking place in the lovely Bletchley Park
Mansion Music Room accompanied with refreshments and cake!

MKARS DXCC competition

https://www.mkars.org.uk/news/articl...cc_competition

MKARS will be running a DXCC competition for members from midnight UTC on
1/5/2012 until midnight UTC on 31/7/2012.

There will be 3 catagories :
Full licence holders.
Intermediate licence holders, or those who wish to use up to 50 watts.
Foundation licence holders, or those who wish to use up to 10 watts.

There will be an award for the overall winner, and hopefully also one for
each catagory.

For more details, or to ask a question, visit our forum.

[MKARS] GB1SOE Operations by MKARS Members MKARS via rec.radio.info Admin Info 0 April 30th 16 11:23 AM
Enigma machine kits,Transceivers and more. [email protected] Shortwave 11 March 18th 06 09:39 PM
Enigma Radio Network dxAce Shortwave 7 December 29th 05 04:16 AM
Enigma Radio Network m II Shortwave 1 December 27th 05 03:29 AM
Enigma Message Special Event KØHB General 12 May 4th 05 03:15 AM