Old November 25th 16, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #1293

SB DX @ WW KB8NW $OPDX.1293
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin No. 1293

The Ohio/Penn DX PacketCluster
DX Bulletin No. 1293
BID: $OPDX.1293
November 28, 2016
Editor Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW
Provided by BARF80.ORG (Cleveland, Ohio)
Written/Sent From Strongsville, OH

Thanks to the Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society, Northern Ohio DX
Association, Ohio/Penn PacketCluster Network, AB5K & the AR TelNet Clusters
Netork, K1XN & GoList, NJ1Q & W1AW, NG3K & ADXO, K2PF, W3UR & The Daily
DX, N4AA & QRZ DX, K8GI, K8YSE, W8GEX & 60m DX News, NA9Q, 5B4AHJ,
DL1SBF, DL7UXG & The DX News Letter, DxCoffee.com, DXNews.com, DX-World.Net,
ES1CW, F6AJA & Les Nouvelles DX, I1JQJ/IK1ADH & 425 DX News, I2MQP & DX
Italia News, IK7JWY, M0OXO.com, OH2BH, OZ6OM & 50 MHz DX News, PS7DX, RSGB
IOTA Web Site, Sixitalia Weekly, VA3RJ & ICPO, VHF-DX-Portal (MMMonVHF)
and VU2PTT for the following DX information.

** EDITOR'S SPECIAL NOTICE: This week's bulletin was sent out earlier
than normal to accommodate the late CQWW DX CW Contest announcements.
Also, we wanted to provide the readers with a consolidated listing
of the CQWW DX CW Contest participants.

DXCC COUNTRY/ENTITY REPORT: According to the AR-Cluster Network for the
week of Friday, 18th/November, through Friday, 25th/November there were
233 countries active. Countries available: 3A, 3B8, 3B9, 3D2, 3DA, 3V, 3W,
4J, 4L, 4O, 4S, 4U1I, 4X, 5A, 5B, 5H, 5N, 5R, 5T, 5U, 5W, 5X, 5Z, 6W, 6Y,
7Q, 7X, 8P, 8Q, 8R, 9A, 9G, 9H, 9J, 9K, 9M2, 9M6, 9N, 9Q, 9V, 9Y, A2, A3,
A4, A5, A6, A7, A9, AP, BV, BY, C3, C5, C9, CE, CE9, CM, CN, CP, CT, CT3,
CU, CX, D2, D4, DL, DU, E4, E5/s, E6, E7, EA, EA6, EA8, EA9, EI, EK, EL,
EP, ER, ES, ET, EU, EX, EY, EZ, F, FG, FH, FJ, FK, FM, FO, FP, FR, FW, FY,
G, GD, GI, GJ, GM, GU, GW, H4, HA, HB, HB0, HC, HH, HI, HK, HK0/a, HL, HP,
HR, HS, HV, HZ, I, IS, J3, J6, J7, J8, JA, JT, JY, K, KG4, KH0, KH2, KH6,
KL, KP2, KP4, LA, LU, LX, LY, LZ, OA, OD, OE, OH, OH0, OK, OM, ON, OX, OY,
OZ, P2, P4, PA, PJ2, PJ4, PJ7, PY, PZ, S0, S2, S5, SM, SP, ST, SU, SV,
SV5, SV9, T2, T30, T32, T5, T7, T8, TA, TF, TG, TI, TK, TL, TR, TT, TY,
Z, UA, UA2, UA9, UK, UN, UR, V2, V3, V4, V5, V6, V7, V8, VE, VK, VP2E,
VP2V, VP5, VP6, VP8, VP8/h, VP9, VR, VU, XE, XW, XX9, XZ, YA, YB, YI, YL,
YO, YS, YU, YV, Z3, ZA, ZB, ZD7, ZD8, ZF, ZL, ZL7, ZP, ZS

* PLEASE NOTE: The report "could" contain "Pirate/SLIM" operations or
more likely a "BUSTED CALLSIGN". As always, you never know - "Work
First Worry Later".

3B9, RODRIGUEZ ISLAND (Reminder). By the time you read this Olof, G0CKV,
will once again be active as 3B9HA from Rodriguez Island (AF-017, WLOTA
4265) until December 12th. Activity will be holiday style focusing on
the low bands and CW. He also plans to be in the CQWW DX CW Contest
(November 26-27th) as a Single-Op/All-Band entry. QSL via M0OXO or LoTW.

3D2, FIJI. Jim, WB2TJO, will once again be active as 3D2JS from Taveuni
Island (OC-016) sometime late November through March 2017. Activity will
be on various HF bands using CW, SSB and the Digital modes. QSL via his
home callsign.

3D2, Chris, VK3FY, will be active as 3D3FY (requested call) from Fiji
(OC-019) between December 6-14th. Activity will be holiday style on 80-10
meters using CW and SSB. QSL via M0OXO OQRS.

3Y0Z BOUVET ISLAND DXPEDITION UPDATE. The following update was posted
under http://www.bouvetdx.org/news-and-updates/: A Message From the
DXpedition Team -- Our Commitment to You -- A DXpedition to Bouvet is not
to be taken lightly. Bouvet is a serious and dangerous place; demanding
attention to safety, serious planning, physical and mental endurance, time
to allow for storms and rough seas, and a team with the right balance of
size, experience, talent, emotional stability, and sense of purpose. We
feel we have met these criteria, but when we arrive at Bouvet we also need
to attend to our obligations to you, our financial supporters and DX audi-
ence. How we meet those obligations and expectations will define us as a
team.
It is our belief that, given the rarity of this entity, we must pull out
all the stops. We must utilize maximum legal power, the best antennas,
world class transceivers, propagation studies, the best location on the
island, a safe vessel and crew, highly qualified helicopter pilots, and
the complimentary resources of our team. We will need near real time infor-
mation flowing to us through our extensive pilot system so that we can
maximize our primary purpose — providing QSO’s.
We have a conscience. We will not do this just for the sake of doing it
and end up using a compromised location, less than 24/7 coverage of all
open bands, limited power, inefficient antennas, and insufficient time at
the island. We want to do this right and give everyone the best possible
chance of making the QSO’s they desire, be they on 160, the WARC bands,
SSB, CW, RTTY, or 6 and 2 meter EME.
Rest assured that we will do our very best for you! No shortcuts or
compromises! ......... The 3Y0Z Bouvet Island DXpedition Team

4L, GEORGIA. Operator Vaho, 4L8A, will be active during the CQWW DX CW
Contests (November 26-27th) as a Single-Op/Single-Band (20m) entry. QSL
via K1BV or LoTW.

4X, ISRAEL. Arthur, 4X4DZ, will be active as 4X2M during the CQWW DX CW
Contest (November 26-27th) as a Single-Op/Single-Band (20m) entry. QSL
via his home callsign.

5H, TANZANIA. Mike, 5H3EE, from Dar es Salaam will be active during the
CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th) as a Single-Op/All-Band/Low-Power
entry. In the past suggested frequencies were 14069, 21069 and 28069 kHz.
QSL via DL4ME. Mike states, "Fast and safe is to request QSLs online via
our Online QSL Request System (OQRS). Please do not send QSL cards via
bureau or emails with QSO data anymore! Use the Online QSL Request System!
This will create a much less work load for us. We do not answer QSL cards,
that come in via the bureau!"

8R, GUYANA. Heye, DJ9RR, is now active as 8R1/AG6UT from Guyana. His
length of stay is not known. Activity will be on 40-10 meters, and he
is planning to be in CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-17th). Look for
him to be on the air after the contest. QSL via DJ9RR.

9XB954, RWANDA. Harald, DF2WO, will be active from Kigali, Rwanda, with
the very unusual callsign, 9XB954, sometime during February/March 2017.
This callsign has already been "validated by ARRL". Activity will be on
various HF bands. QSL via M0OXO's OQRS. Look for more details to be forth-
coming.

A3, TONGA. Hiro, JA6WFM, is now active as A31MM from Nuku 'alofa, the
capital city of Tonga (OC-049), until the end of the year 2017. Activity
will be on 160-6 meters using a TS-480 into a long-wire with ICOM AH-2
for 160-10m, HB9CV for 15m and a 4 element beam for 6m. Look for him to
be in the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th) as a Single-Op/All-Band/
Low-Power entry. QSL via EA5GL or LoTW.

A4, OMAN. The Royal Omani Amateur Radio Society (ROARS) Contest Team led
by Adnan, A41LP, will field a multi-national group coordinated by Prasad/
VU2PTT (A45VA), consisting of Mohib/A41JZ, Chris/A45XR, San/VU2WH (A45WH),
Paul/A65DR (A45VB) and Pai/VU2PAI (A45VI) with technical support from
several Omani amateurs in the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th) as
a Multi-2 entry from the new A47RS club station using the special contest
callsign A44A. QSL is via A47RS. QSL individual operators who may be
active before or after the contest to their home callsign or check QRZ.com.

A5, BHUTAN (Reminder). By the time you read this, Nobuaki, JA0JHQ, will
once again be active as A52NH from the Dochula Resort in Paro until
November 27th. Activity will be on 160-6 meters using CW, SSB and RTTY.
However, Nobuaki states, "Last time in March, I could not QRV on 80m and
40m, so this time, Low bands mainly... At the sunrise, I am trying 160m."
He will also try to be in CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th). He plans
to use a TS-480HX w/200 watts on HF and 100 watts on 6m. Antennas are a
10m Micro-vertical (160/80/40/30m), Single-Delta-Loop (20/17/15/12/10m)
and a LW for 6m. Log will be posted to ClubLog daily. QSL via JA0JHQ,
direct, by the Bureau and LoTW (after his return). For more details and
updates, see: http://pandasan.jimdo.com

AH2, GUAM. Members of the Guam Contest Club will be active as AH2R during
the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th) as a Multi-Single entry. Operators
mentioned are Toshinobu/JI3ERV (NH2C) and Mikawa/JR7OMD. QSL via LoTW or
to JH7QXJ, direct or by the Bureau. PLEASE DO NOT QSL via the KH2 Bureau.

CN2, MOROCCO. A Russian team is expected to be active as CN2AA during the
CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th) as a Multi-Single entry. Operators
mentioned are R3FA, Dmitry/R3GM, Dimitri/RA3CO, Roman/RN5M, Dmitri/RA9USU,
Andrey/RV1AW, Dmitriy/RW3FO, Andrey/RW4PL, Sergey/RX3APM, Vadim/RX4W,
Andrew/UA3AB, Babayan/UA3ASZ and UA4Z. QSL via UA2FM and LoTW. See more
details and pictures at: http://www.cn2aa.com

CT9, MADEIRA ISLANDS. Operators Serge/R7KW and Oleg/YL3JM are now active
as CT9/R7KW and CT9/YL3JM, respectively, from Madeira Island (AF-014)
until November 27th. Look for R7KW to be active during the CQWW DX CW
Contest (November 26-27th) as CT9/R7KW and as a Single-Op/All-Band/Low-
Power/Assisted entry. QSL via K2PF or ClubLog's OQRS.

D1, DPR. Konstantin, D1WW, will be active during the CQWW DX CW Contest
as a Single-Op/Single-Band (20m)/Low-Power entry. The DPR is the "Donetsk
People's Republic"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donetsk_People%27s_Republic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commun...People%27s_Rep
ublic
and is an unrecognized republic still a part of Ukraine. It is in Zone 16
and NOT GOOD FOR DXCC. QSL via UA6GG or eQSL.

E2, THAILAND (Reminder). Members of the Thailand DX Association (HSDXA)
will be active as E2X (in Zone 26) during the CQWW DX CW Contest (November
26-27th) as a Multi-Single/High-Power entry. QSL via LoTW. Visit the HSDXA
Face-Book page or Web page at: http://www.facebook.com/hsdxa
http://www.qsl.net/hsdxa/index1.htm

ES, ESTONIA. Operators Aleksander/ES1OX, Andy/ES2NA, Toivo/ES2RR, Arvo/
ES2MC, Villi/ES3VI, Anatoli/ES4RD, Tonno/ES5TV, Toomas/ES5RY, Jüri/ES5JR,
Kristjan/ES7GM, Juha/OH1JT, Jarmo/OH7JR, Honza/OK1JD, Girts/YL2KL and
Oleg/YL3DW will be active as ES9C during the CQWW DX CW Contest (November
26-27th) as a Multi-2 entry. QSL via LoTW or ES5RY.

GU, GUERNSEY. Oleg, RL5D, will be active as GU3HFN (the Guernsey Amateur
Radio Society callsign) from St. Peter Port during the CQWW DX CW Contest
(November 26-27th) as a Single-Op/All-Band entry. Listen for QSL info.

HI, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. Felipe, NP4Z, will be active as HI3/NP4Z from
the Dominican Republic during the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th)
as a Single-Op/All-Band entry. QSL via N4AO.

HS, THAILAND. Bob, HS0ZIA, and a team of operators will be active as
HS0ZIA during the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th) as a Multi-Single
entry. Just a reminder that Bob has a full-size 80 meters Yagi 3/4 wave
high, four-over-four 3 element Yagis stacked on 40 meters as well as some
big stuff on the higher bands. HS stations are only allowed to operate
between 3500-3540 kHz. Bob usually will be looking for NA stations every
evening from now through the contest on 80m. QSL via LoTW.

HS, THAILAND. Members of the Radio Amateur Society of Thailand (RAST)
national will be active as HS0AC during the CQWW DX CW Contest (November
26-27th) as a Multi-? entry. Operators mentioned are Jack/HS1FVL, Nikorn/
HS5NMF and others. The station does have a 3 element 40 meter Yagi. QSL
via E21EIC, LoTW and by the Bureau.

IOTA NEWS..............
AS-088. Members of Qatar Amateur Radio Society (QARS) will be active
as A70X from Al Safliyah Island between January 1-7th. Activity
will be on various HF bands using CW, SSB and the Digital modes.
QSL via M0OXO or OQRS.

EU-123. Operators George/EA2TA, Dave/EI9FBB and Col/MM0NDX will be
active as MS0INT from Isle of Bute between February 10-12th,
2017. Activity will be on various HF bands. QSL via M0OXO.

EU-157. Operators Gil/F4FET, Antoine/F5RAB and possibly others will
be active as TM1CEZ from Cezembre Island between December
26-28th. Activity will be on 80-10 meters using CW, SSB and
RTTY. They will have 3-4 stations on the air. QSL via M0OXO
or OQRS http://www.m0oxo.com/oqrs/.

KP4, PUERTO RICO. Jaime, WP3A, will be active as KP4BD from Las Piedras
during the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th) as a Single-Op/All-Band/
Low-Power entry. QSL via NP3LT.

MD, ISLE OF MAN. Gordon, MM0GPZ, will be active as MD2N from the IOM
between November 26-28th. He plans to be in the CQWW DX CW Contest (November
26-27th) as Single-Op/Single-Band (40m)/Low-Power/Assisted entry. He states
that he will use a 1/4 vertical in the sea and a dipole.

MZ5, SCOTLAND. Nigel, G3TXF, will once again be active from the Scottish
Shetland Island (IOTA EU-012) as MZ5A during the CQWW DX CW Contest
(November 27-28th) as Single-Op/Single-Band (40m) entry. QSL via ClubLog's
OQRS for direct, Bureau and LoTW.

MZ5, SCOTLAND. Ian, G3WVG, will once again be active from the Scottish
Shetland Island (IOTA EU-012) as MZ5B during the CQWW DX CW Contest
(November 26-27th) as Single-Op/Single-Band (160m) entry. QSL via ClubLog's
OQRS for direct, Bureau and LoTW.

NH2, GUAM (OC-026). Joel, KG6DX, will once again be active as NH2DX in
the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th) as a Single-Op/Single-Band (15m)/
entry. QSL via NH2DX (CBA or QRZ.com address) or LoTW. NO Bureau QSLs.

NI6, UNITED STATES (Special Event). Members of the "Battleship Iowa Amateur
Radio Association" (BIARA) will be active as NI6BB between 1600-2359z on
Wednesday, December 7th, in memory of the 75th anniversary of the attack
on Pearl Harbor in 1941. The ship's circa 1980's legacy gear will be manned
by the "Gray Radio Gang" on 40 meters SSB from approximately 1800-2300z.
Operations are planned to be on 7241 kHz and as the transmitters are on
deck 3 and the receivers are on the main deck, QSYing to tweek you in is
nearly impossible. Please ensure you are on frequency before you call as
they cannot easily track you. Understand that there will be a delay between
transmit and receive due to the receiver recovery time. The main BIARA team
will man both their SSB and CW stations using amateur radio transceivers
on 20-10 meters commensurate with conditions. Suggested frequencies a
CW - 14041, 18078, 21041, 24896, and /or 28041 kHz
SSB - 14341, 18141, 21441, 24941 and /or 28441 kHz
Watch the packet clusters for frequenices. QSL via the info on QRZ.com.
Also follow BIARA's activities at: http://biara.org

OF9, FINLAND (Press Release OH2BH -- From Offices of Santa Claus in
Finland, dated November 19th). DECEMBER’S ULTIMATE EVENT -- OF9X PROMOTES
THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT ON THE RADIO SPECTRUM -- Greetings from the Land of
Santa Claus, in the Far North at the Arctic Circle.
The busy yuletide season is soon upon us, and Santa is preparing his
sleigh for another world tour. The old man is very busy, but fortunately
the elves are there to help him deliver the Christmas spirit to the world’
children.
The Ou-Hou (OH) people are also bringing Santa to the ham community as
in many past years, utilizing some high tech to assist him. With the help
of multimedia and the Internet, a dozen or so elves will operate Santa
Radio, OF9X, with their own identity.
As a reward for contacting several of them, your brave children, grand-
children, or neighbors' children may even speak with Santa himself. Amateur
Radio's future resides in our youth, and Santa can be their first contact
with the art. This year's activity will also pay respect to the ARRL's late
President Emeritus, Jim Hayne, W5JBP, who became a SK at the time the Santa
script was in making. We wish to carry on the spirit of his mission – the
Big Project – in this format.
The certified reindeer driver and Laplander Pertti “Pete” Koivula,
OH2BEE/OH9U, will give Santa a face and voice, tapping into his pro-
fessional background as a famous actor of the Helsinki City Theatre.
Pete is well known from his role in the Finnish national movie “The
Unknown Soldier,” exploring those difficult bygone times of war, still
remembered by seasoned Finns.
The Santa activity's end will mark the beginning of Finland's Anniversary
as a 100-year-old sovereign and independent nation.
The patron of the OF9X Santa Activity is Mr. Juha Sipilä, the Prime
Minister of the Republic of Finland. Mr. Sipilä indicates his sincere
support of Finland being the home of Santa and states that "using the
latest technology to promote Santa is valuable support for Finland and
helps make this Christmas a special one." He further expresses his pleasure
of "welcoming an increasing number of visitors, such as those from America
and China, who come to explore the treasures of Finnish Lapland by flying
directly to Santa Claus Airport at the Arctic Circle."
More details will be released soon. The OF9X (Old-Father-9-Christmas)
activity is supported by the Finnish Telecommunications Regulatory Authority
(FICORA) and the Finnish Amateur Radio Association (SRAL), and is organized
by Radio Club of Pusula, OH9W with Radio Arcala, OH8X of Oulu, the frozen
North.
Note; you can request two pictures from SRAL, Annika, OH2HSJ, email
at:
1: Prime minister Juha Sipila and 2: Santa Claus, OH2BEE/OH9U

PJ4, BONAIRE. Mike, NA9Q, will be active as PJ4/NA9Q from Bonaire (SA-006)
between December 4-10th. Activity will be holiday style on 40-10 meters
using primarily SSB with some RTTY and CW, with 100 watts and portable/
temporary antennas. Depending upon band conditions, an effort will be made
in the ARRL 10 Meter Contest (December 10th). Logs will be uploaded to
LoTW upon his return. QSL via his home callsign.

PROPAGATION FORECAST/REPORT (November 28th-December 4th).......
Nov/28th HN Dec/01st AN Dec/03rd AN
Nov/29th HN Dec/02nd AN Dec/04th AN
Nov/30th HN

SOLAR REFERENCE KEYS/INDEXES AND GEOMAGNETIC REFERENCE
˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙
˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙˙ NORMALITY GEOMAG K Values Alpha
----------------- ------ -------- ------
AN - Above Normal Quiet K˙1 0-7
HN - High Normal Unsettled K˙ 8-15
LN - Low Normal Active K˙ 16-29
BN - Below Normal Minor Storm K˙ 30-49
DIS - Disturbed Major Storm K˙ 50-99
VRY DIS - Very Disturbed Severe Storm K˙9 100-400

REALTIME BAND CONDITIONS WEB SITE http://www.bandconditions.com:
The purpose of this experimental Web site is to provide 24-7-365 actual
(REALTIME) band condition information to CW QRPp, QRPe and CW/SSB for
Contesters interested in increasing their scores. It can also be of
benefit to other Radio Amateurs to determine band conditions for Nets
and casual QSO's. This information is NOT based on any software pre-
dictions or any kind of satellite based readings. It is based on a
new Ionospheric sounding method called "HF Ionospheric Interferometry"
which operates very similarly to the PolSAR system used by NASA.

Also, check out the VOACAP predication Web page at:
http://www.voacap.com/prediction.html

PY, BRAZIL. Ed, PS7DX, will be active from a Lighthouse (BRA 035) during
the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th) as a Single-Op/Single-Band
(80m)/High-Power entry. QSL via his home callsign.

PZ, SURINAME. Members of the Voodoo Contest Group will be active as PZ5V
from Paramaribo during the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th) as a
Multi-? entry. QSL via Tim, M0URX. Operators mentioned are Ned/AA7A,
John/G4IRN, Lee/KY7M, Dave/N4QS and Bud/N7CW. For more details, see:
http://voodoocontestgroup.com/suriname-2016

QSL INFO AND NEWS...................
QSL-INFO from DB0SDX by Lothar, DL1SBF.. (November 25th) www.qslinfo.eu
4O/KC0W via KC0W (d) EA8/OH5C via OH5C TA3/LZ1CNN via LZ1CNN
6Y9X via KQ1F EA8/OZ1AA via OZ1ACB TK/S53WW via S53WW
8Q7DV via UA9CLB EA8/RM5M via RM5M TK/S57C via S57C
8Q7SP via SP6FXY EA8/UA3RF via UA3RF TO2EE via K2HVN
8S7A via W3HNK II7WAVE via IK7HTB VE3DZ/KP4 via VE3DZ
A60TVD via A61BK PJ2/RW0CN via RW0CN(B)/VE7ACN (d) VP2ESM via OH1VR (d)
CT9/DJ0IF via DJ0IF PJ2/W8WTS via W8WTS VP5/W5CW via W5CW
CT9/DL1CW via DL1CW PJ4/K9NW via K9NW VP9/KQ8Z via GM0IIO (d)
CT9/DL5CW via DL5CW PJ4/KU8E via K4BAI ZA/OG1N via OH2TA
CT9/DL8JJ via DL8JJ PZ5V via M0URX ZF2MJ via W6TMD
CT9/YL3JM via K2PF (O) R80BRE via RC3M
(e) eQSL only (d) direct only (B) Bureau only (*-B) DX's- Bureau
(O) OQRS only (C) ClubLog only (L) LoTW only

XZ1A is now open for OQRS at: https://secure.clublog.org/charts/?c˙1A

CYPRUS QSL NEWS. Baz, 5B4AHO, has retired as QSL Manager for the Pafos
Radio Club after 10 years of sterling work. The new QSL Manager is
Norman, 5B4AIE. QSLs for the following callsigns should be sent via
5B4AIE: 5B4PRC, C4EURO, C4EU, P3EU, P3R and 5B70VE. ADDED NOTE: QSLing
5B stations in general -- A reminder that many Cyprus stations have a
QSL Manager who is not resident in Cyprus. It is therefore pointless
to send QSLs for these stations to the Cyprus QSL Bureau - the cards
will almost certainly not be delivered to their intended recipient. A
full list of these stations can be found he http://bit.ly/1QdZQht

QSLS RECEIVED VIA LoTW: 3W2DK, 9N7XW, AD8J/HR9, C31MF, DP0GVN, GI4SNA,
J68HZ, LW9ETQ, LX1TI, N6NO/VP9, PJ4L, T6TM, T88XH, TI5/KE2D, TL8AO,
TZ4AM, UA2F, V63YY, VE2TKH, VK2DX, WH7AA, XX9O, YT1AA and ZL7G

QSLS RECEIVED VIA MAIL: 5A1AL, AT2SL (AS-176), ED7SPI (EU-143), OD5RI
(AS-108), PJ2AF, R3CA/8, R3CA/9, R3CA/0, RI1C/p (EU-133), RK1O/p (EU-161),
TL0A, VI6DH400 (OC-206), VK3IO and ZY8M (SA-045)

QSLS RECEIVED VIA THE BUREAU: 3W4VE, 4S7FMG, 5B4AGY, 5B4AHJ, 5B4AHK,
5B4AJR, 5B4AJT, 5B8AP/P, AH0J, C4EURO, H2T, H22H, P3J, P40R, R2015KK,
RP68TG, RP70AB, RP70AQ, RP70EV, RP70KD, RP71AQ, RP71VF, UE16SF, V73A
and RW5CW

TL, CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC (Update). Members of the Italian DXPedition
Team will be active as TL8TT (not TL8T) from Central African Republic
between February 1-14th. Operators mentioned are Alfeo/I1HJT, Silvano/
I2YSB, Vinicio/IK2CIO, Angelo/IK2CKR, Marcello/IK2DIA, Stefano/IK2HKT
and Mac/JA3USA. The pilot stations are Art/IK7JWY (HF) and Sergio/IK0FTA
(6m). Activity will be on 160-10 meters using CW, SSB and the Digital
modes (The RTTY activity will be restricted to 20m). QSL via I2YSB, direct
or the OQRS on their Web page at: http://www.i2ysb.com/idt
A TL8TT needs/wants survey is available on the Web page also. Logs will be
posted on LoTW about 6 months after the conclusion of the DXpedition. For
News and Forum, see: http://www.hamradioweb.net
LAST MINUTE UPDATE FROM IK7JWY (November 24th): "Our TL8TT license has
been credited by ARRL and LoTW has been activated. Subject to availability
of internet connection, the REAL TIME Log will be available at:
http://win.i2ysb.com/logonline
OQRS will be activated from the beginning of the DXpedition. At the end
of the DXpedition, QSO data will be uploaded to LoTW for our Sponsors,
the LoTW EXPRESS applicants and those requesting QSL via OQRS. In addition,
contributors for 50 USDs or more will receive, besides our QSL, the
DXpedition DVD. The complete logbook upload will take place by the end
of August 2017."

UA2, KALININGRAD. Members of the "UA2F Contest Club" will be active
during the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th) as a Multi-Single entry.
QSL via UA2FM. Operators mentioned are Dima/R3DCX, Dmitry/RA2FA, Dmitry/
RA3ATX, Alex/RN2FA, Dmitri/UA2FB, Vladimir/UA2FF, Victor/UA2FM and Igor/
UA2FX.

UN4, KAZAKHSTAN. Nick, UN4L, will be active during the CQWW DX CW Contest
(November 26-27th) as a Single-Op/Single-Band (80m) entry. QSL via UA9AB.

UP2, KAZAKHSTAN.Sergey, RU9I, will be active as UP2L during the CQWW DX
CW Contest (November 26-27th) as a Single-Op/Single-Band (40m) entry.
QSL via UA9AB.

VE2, CANADA (Zone 2/Cancelled). Operators Jean/VE2VIA and Jean-Pierre/
VA2SG have cancelled their VE2SSS operation from Zone 2 during the CQWW
DX CW Contest. No reason was given. For more details and updates, see:
http://nordx.net/index.php/les-dxped...-cq-zone-2-201
6

VK9N, NORFOLK ISLAND. Matt, VK1MA, will be active as VK9NM from Norfolk
Island (OC-005) between December 19-26th. He states, "The primary aim of
the visit is a family holiday, so I will not be operating for large periods
of time whilst there, but do hope to make quite a few contacts over the
stay. As a keen participant in the SOTA (Summits On The Air) program,
I am intending to activate Mt. Bates several times during my visit. I
will also be operating from the rented house near the center of the island
- all going well, I will be using 40m to 10m from Mt. Bates and I hope,
160m to 10m @100W from the house." QSL via e-QSL and LoTW only.

VP5, TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS. Dave, W5CW, will once again be active
as VP5/W5CW from the VP5JM Hamlet QTH on the Island of Providenciales
(NA-002, WLOTA 1476) between November 21st and December 13th. Activity
will be on 160-6 meters using CW and SSB. Dave also plans to be in the
CQWW DX CW Contest (November 24-25th) as a Single-Op/All-Band/Low-Power
entry and using the callsign VP5CW. QSL direct to his home callsign
(See QRZ.com address).

XX9, MACAO (Update). Operators Alberto/VR2XAN/IV3TAN (XX9TXN), Andrea/IV3SKB
(XX9TKB), Stefano/IK2JUB (XX9TJU) and Luca/IK2PFL (XX9TPF) are now active
as XX9TXN from Macao (AS-075) until November 21-29th. Excerpts from an
update states that the team will be active on 40-10 meters using CW and
RTTY. They will use the callsign XX9TXN on 160/80/40/20/15/10 meters. The
callsign XX9TKB will be used on the 30/17/12 meter bands. They state the
following [edited], "Currently we have a lot of problems on Top Band due
to a Radar covering a wide spectrum from 1.5 to 2.3 MHz. We are working
to find the best possible solution in RX. From time to time we are looking
only for North America because from this part of the world the path with
NA is extremely difficult (Polar path) especially with East Coast of US.
From XX9 working a W1 is like for a DL working T31 or KH1 !!!!! Please be
patient. Opening with NA are very short and limited." The group will be
in the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th) as a Multi-2 entry signing
as XX9TXN. QSL via VR2XAN direct (also OQRS). Outside of the contest you
may hear the operators use their own XX9 callsign. QSL via the operators'
instructions.

YE, INDONESIA. The YE2A Team will be active during the CQWW DX CW Contest
(November 26-27th) as a Multi-Single entry. QSL only LoTW. NO Bureau QSLs.
Operators mentioned are Agus/YB1ALL, Yohanes/YB2DX, Rivai/YE3AA, Totok/
YB2FWQ, Dani/YB2TJV, Nur/YB2WBF, Igor/YC2/KC5VFV, Martinus/YB2LSR and
Han/YD1SDL/2.

YW4, VENEZUELA. Paolo, YV1DIG, will be active as YW4D during the CQWW DX
CW Contest (November 26-27th) a Single-Op/All-Band/High-Power entry. QSL
via LoTW.

ZC4, UK SOV. BASE AREAS ON CYPRUS. Steve, G0GSB, will once again be active
as ZC4SB from UK Sovereign Base Areas on Cyprus (AS-004) between January
11-25th, 2017. Activity will be on 80/40/20 meters using CW and SSB, with
an IC-706MKIIG w/100 watts into dipoles. QSL via his home callsign direct.

ZS8, MARION ISLAND. A couple of sources are reporting that David, ZS1BCE,
will once again return to Marion Island as a communications technician,
and be active as ZS8Z, possibly last December or early next year through
May 2018. Activity will be limited to when time permits on various HF
bands using SSB and the Digital modes. QSL via ZS1LS.

The following stations are expected to be active in the
CQ World Wide DX CW Contest (November 26-27th, 2016)
Thanks to Bill, NG3K, for providing OPDX readers with the following
consolidated listing of the participants in the 2016 CQWW DX CW Contest.
For a more detailed listing (and up-to-date changes/corrections) in HTML
format, please visit Bill's Web page at:
http://www.ng3k.com/Misc/cqc2016.html (By call sign)
http://www.ng3k.com/Misc/cqcd2016.html (By entity)
http://www.ng3k.com/Misc/cqcz2016.html (By zone)

The CQ World-Wide DX Contest Web page and rules:
http://www.cqww.com/rules.htm

Contest DXCC CQZ Class QSL
Callsign Entity Route
3B9HA Rodriguez Island 39 SOAB LoTW; QSL via M0OXO
3V8SS Tunisia 33 SOAB LP LoTW; QSL via LX1NO
4L8A Georgia 21 SOSB 20M LoTW; QSL via K1BV
4X2M Israel 20 SOSB 20M 4X4DZ
4X6FR Israel 20 SOAB 4X6OM
4X0W Israel 20 SOAB LP W1UE
5H1WW Tanzania 37 M/S RZ3FW; QSL via (C)
5H3EE Tanzania 37 SOAB LP DL4ME
5X1XA Uganda 37 G3SWH
5Z4/DJ6TF Kenya 37 DJ6TF; QSL via (DARC B/d)
6Y3T Jamaica 08 M/2 VE3CX
6Y9X Jamaica 08 SOAB KQ1F
8P1W Barbados 08 SOAB LP KU9C
8Q7DV Maldives 22 M/? UA8DX
8Q7SP Maldives 22 M/M LoTW; QSL via SP6FXY (B/C)
8R1/AG6UT Guyana 09 LoTW; QSL via DJ9RR
9H3PP Malta 15 SO HA5PP
9M6NA East Malaysia 28 SOSB 20M LoTW; QSL via JE1JKL
9Y4/VE3EY Trinidad & Tobago 09 SOAB HP LoTW; QSL via VE3EY and
(C)
A31MM Tonga 32 SOAB LP LoTW; QSL via EA5GL
A44A Oman 21 M/2 A47RS
A52NH Bhutan 22 LoTW; QSL via JA0JHQ or
(C)
AH2R Guam 27 M/S LoTW
AH0K Mariana Islands 27 M/2 OH6GDX
AT5X India 22 SOAB HP LoTW
BA4TB China 24 SOSB 160M BA4TB
CB1H Chile 12 M/? CE1DY
CN2AA Morocco 33 M/S LoTW; QSL via UA2FM
CN2R Morocco 33 M/2 W7EJ
CR2V Azores 14 SOSB 20M HB9CRV
CR3OO Madeira 33 SOAB LoTW
CR3W Madeira 33 M/2 LoTW; QSL via DL5AXX
CR6K Portugal 14 SOAB CT1ILT
CT9/R7KW Madeira 33 SOAB LP K2PF; QSL via (C)
CU9AB Azores 14 SOAB HP HB9CRV
D1WW* Ukraine 16 SOSB 20M UA6GG; QSL via (e)
DX2R Phillipines 27 M/S
E2X Thailand 26 M/S LoTW
ED8X Canary Islands 33 M/S RN3RQ
EF3T Spain 14 M/S LoTW; QSL via EA3NO
EF8U Canary Islands 33 SOAB HP EA8URL
ES9C Estonia 15 M/2 LoTW; QSL via ES5RY
ET3AA Ethiopia 37 N2OO
FG/WJ2O Guadeloupe 08 SOAB LP N2ZN (d)
FH/HB9AMO Mayotte 39 SOAB LP LoTW; QSL via M0URX
FO/K7AR Austral Islands 32 SOAB HP LoTW; QSL via K7AR and (C)
FY5FY French Guiana 09 SOSB 80M FY5FY
GJ2A Jersey 14 SOSB LoTW
GU3HFN Guernsey 14 SOAB
GU4CHY Guernsey 14 SOSB 20M GU4CHY (d)
GU4YOX Guernsey 14 SOSB 80M LoTW; QSL via GU4YOX
HB0/DK4YJ Liechtenstein 14 M/S DK4YJ
HI3/NP4Z Dominican Republic 08 SOAB N4AO
HI3CC Dominican Republic 08 M/S W2CCW
HR2DMR Honduras 07 SOAB LP KD4POJ
HR2J Honduras 07 SO LP HR2J; QSL via HR2J (d/e)
HS0AC Thailand 26 M/?
HS0ZAR Thailand 26 M/2 K3ZO
IH9R African Italy 33 SOSB 80M IZ1GAR
IO5O Italy 15 M/S IK5RLP
J68GD St Lucia 08 SOAB LoTW; QSL via K9AW (d)
J70BH Dominica 08 OH2BH
KH7M Hawaii 31 SOAB HP KH6ZM
KP2Q US Virgin Islands 08 M/? K3TEJ
KP4/VE3RSA Puerto Rico 08 SOAB QRP LoTW; QSL via VE3RSA (d)
KP4BD Puerto Rico 08 SOAB LP NP3LT
LY4A Lithuania 15 M/? LoTW
MD2N Isle of Man 14 SOSB 40M
MZ5A Shetland Islands 14 SOSB 40M LoTW; QSL via (C)
MZ5B Shetland Islands 14 SOSB 160M LoTW; QSL via (C)
NH2DX Guam 27 SOSB 15M LoTW; QSL via NH2DX (d)
NP2P US Virgin Islands 08 SO LoTW
NP3A Puerto Rico 08 SOAB LP LoTW; QSL via WD8CW
NP4DX Puerto Rico 08 SOAB HP TBA
OH5DX Finland 15 M/M LoTW
OH0Z Aland Island 15 SOAB HP W0MM
P40W Aruba 09 SOAB LP LoTW; QSL via N2MM (d)(no
B)
PJ4A Bonaire 09 M/? K4BAI
PJ4Q Bonaire 09 M/S W4PA
PJ7/G4JEC Sint Maarten 08 LoTW; QSL via N0UK (B/d/C)
PJ7/K0CD Sint Maarten 08 SOAB QRP K0CD
PX2V Brazil 11 M/S PY2KJ
P40C Aruba 08
P49Y Aruba 09 SOAB LoTW; QSL via AE6Y
PZ5V Surinam 09 M/? M0URX
RM3F Russia (Europe) 16 M/S UA3DPX
SU9JG Egypt 34 EA5GL
SW9AA Crete 20 SOAB LZ1PM
TC3A Turkey 20 M/2 LZ1NK
TF3CW Iceland 40 SOSB 20M LX1NO
TF3JB Iceland 40 SOSB 80M TF3JB
TI5/AB2E Costa Rica 07 SOAB HP AB2E (d)
TI5W Costa Rica 07 SOAB HP W4FS
TK0C Corsica 15 M/2 LoTW
TO1A French Guiana 09 SOSB F5HRY
TX8F New Caledonia 32 M/S NI5DX; QSL via (C/e)
UA2F Kaliningrad 15 M/S UA2FM
UN4L Kazakhstan 17 SOSB 80M UA9AB
UP2L Kazakhstan 17 SOSB 40M UA9AB
V26K Antigua & Barbuda 08 SOAB LP LoTW; QSL via AA3B
V47T St Kitts & Nevis 08 SOAB HP W2RQ
V6A Micronesia 27 SOAB JA7HMZ
V73NS Marshall Islands 31 LoTW
VC2T Canada 05 M/S LoTW
VE2 Canada 02 M/S VE3NE
VK6NC Australia 29 M/?
VK9NX Norfolk Island 32 LoTW; QSL via NX1P (B/d)
VP2EHC Anguilla 08 SOAB HP OH3JR (d)
VP2ESM Anguilla 08 SOAB LP OH1VR (d)
VP2VI Br. Virgin Islands 08 M/? TBA
VP5CW Turks & Caicos 08 W5CW (d)
VP5M Turks & Caicos 08 M/S K4PQL
VP9I Bermuda 05 SOSB 20M GM0IIO
XW4XR Laos 26 LoTW; QSL via E21EIC
XW0YO Laos 26 LoTW
XX9TXN Macao 24 M/2 VR2XAN (d)
YB0ECT Indonesia 28 SOSB 15M W2FB
YE2A Indonesia 28 M/S LoTW
YR8D Romania 20 M/S YO8KRR
YW4D Venezuela 09 SOAB HP LoTW
Z39A Macedonia 15 SOSB 20M LoTW
ZA/OG1N Albania 15 SOSB 20M LoTW; QSL via OH2TA
ZD8W Ascension Island 36 M/2 W6NV
ZF2MJ Cayman Islands 08 SOAB HP W6TMD
ZF9CW Cayman Islands 08 K5GO
ZL7/W1XGI Chatham Island 32 LoTW; QSL via JA1XGI
ZM4T New Zealand 32 M/S LoTW
ZS2DL South Africa 38 SOAB HP ZS2DL
(e) eQSL only (d) direct only (B) Bureau only (*-B) DX's- Bureau
(O) OQRS only (C) ClubLog only (L) LoTW only (*) unrecognized DXCC

-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙--˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-
TO BE ADDED TO THE OPDX MAILING LIST -- Click or send requests to:
Help: mailto Subscribe: mailto Unsubscribe: mailto OPDX WORLD-WIDE WEB HOME PAGE (provided by John, K8YSE):
http://www.papays.com/opdx.html
ALSO VISIT THE NORTHERN OHIO DX ASSOCIATION'S WEB PAGES AT:
http://www.nodxa.org/
http://www.facebook.com/NorthernOhioDxAssociation
-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙--˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-˙-
* All excerpts and distribution of "The OPDX Bulletin" are granted as
long as KB8NW/OPDX/BARF80 receives credit.

** To contribute DX info, please send via InterNet Mail to:
OR OR
Information can now be faxed to the following phone line at:
1-419-828-7791 (F A X only!)
/EXIT

Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW - E-mail addresses:

Editor of the Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin (OPDX - DXer's Tool of Excellence)
President of the "Northern Ohio DX Association" (NODXA)
DX Chairman for the "Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society
ARRL Assistant Director of the Great Lakes Division
Sysop of the "Basic Amateur Radio Frequency BBS" (BARF80.ORG)