Old April 1st 17, 06:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [KB6NU] Time to upgrade.my business card

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Time to upgrade.my business card

Five years or so ago, I decided to get some business cards. So, I went to
VistaPrint and found something that I thought looked decent.

Its time for an upgrade, though. So, just as I called upon Jeff, K1NSS, to
upgrade my book covers, I called upon him to upgrade my business card.
Heres what he came up with:

Pretty cool, no? Ill be passing these out at Dayton. Find me and ask me for
one.

The post Time to upgrade.my business card appeared first on KB6NUs Ham
Radio Blog.

Ham Clubs to Provide Comms for Hash Bash on April 1

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

For more information:

S. P. Liff, KX8AB, Public Information Officer

734-555-1212

The Hash Bash, aÂ*collection of speeches, live music, street vending and
occasional civil disobedience, whose aim is to reform federal, state, and
local marijuana laws, has beenÂ*an Ann Arbor tradition for more than 45
years. Held annually on the first Saturday of April, it draws thousands of
enthusiasticÂ*stoners participants to theÂ*University of Michigan Diag.

Because a big crowd is expected this year, event organizers asked twoÂ*local
amateur radio clubs to help with communications, includingÂ*Ann Arbors Bow
and Arrow Amateur Radio Club (BAARC) and the nearby Doobage (MI) Amateur
Radio Club (DARC). Â*Its going to be a joint effort—if you get my drift,
noted Mary Jane Roach, KX8MJ, BAARC president,Â*Were getting the best
operators from each club. There are going to be no lids.

The clubs are being tasked with monitoring the crowd that will be
congregating on the lawn of the Diag. When you get a big crowd on grass
like that, they can get a little paranoid—if you get my drift, noted Roach.
And because weve had some warm weather already, there will be a lot of
weeds, too.

This year, the clubs are going to try something different. According to
Herb Reefer, KX8HR, DARCs technical coordinator. Instead of using the clubs
normal repeaters, they are going to set up a temporary repeater on the top
floor of one of Ann Arbors parking lots. Were going to get the repeater up
realÂ*high—if you get my drift, he said.

Because this is aÂ*day-long event, its expected that the hams will get the
munchies. In charge of the food for this years event is Alice B. Toker,
KX8AT. According to the BAARC members, shes not only a great CW operator,
but a wonderful bakerÂ*as well. She makes these special brownies—if you get
my drift, said Roach. Theyre much more satisfyingÂ*than anything you can
get at Zingermans.

Although the clubs seem pretty mellowÂ*about working the event together,
some hams werent so sure how well the clubsÂ*would cooperate. Those BAARC
guys tend to bogartÂ*the repeater—if you get my drift, complained
ImaÂ*Bonger, KX8IB, aÂ*Doobage ARC member.

For more dope on this years event, contact Bud Hemp, KX8BH,
.
-30-

The post Ham Clubs to Provide Comms for Hash Bash on April 1 appeared first
on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.