Old April 3rd 17, 03:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [VK5PAS] Our results from the 4th year anniversary weekend

vk5pas

Our results from the 4th year anniversary weekend

https://vk5pas.org/2017/04/03/our-re...rsary-weekend/

Marija VK5FMAZ and I are home from our short trip away to the Fleurieu
Peninsula for the 4th year anniversary of the VK5 National & Conservation
Parks Award. Â*As always, we had a terrific time and enjoyed our stay south
of Adelaide. Â*This year we stayed for 2 nights in the homestead located
within the Deep Creek Conservation Park. Â*We can highly recommend this
accomodation.

We activated a total of 4 Conservation Parks over the weekend and made a
total of 532 QSOs. Â*This included a total of 99 Park to Park contacts.

Sadly, participation by VK5 activators was down from previous years. Â*But
it was very pleasing to see a number of interstate park activators heading
out to take advantage of the Park to Park opportunities for World Wide
Flora Fauna (WWFF). Â*We also logged numerous activators for the Summits on
the Air (SOTA) program.

Here is a summary of our activity..

Friday 31st March 2017

Deep Creek Conservation Park 5CP-054 and VKFF-0780

VK5FMAZ 1 QSO
VK5PAS 74 QSOs

Saturday 1st April 2017

TaliskerÂ*Conservation Park 5CP-223 and VKFF-0790

VK5FMAZ 60 QSOs
VK5PAS 98 QSOs

Deep Creek Conservation Park 5CP-054 and VKFF-0780

VK5FMAZ 26 QSOs
VK5PAS 60 QSOs

Sunday 2nd April 2017

Waitpinga Conservation Park 5CP-243 and VKFF-0940

VK5FMAZ -46 QSOs
VK5PAS 51 QSOs

Eric Bonython Conservation Park 5CP-062 and VKFF-0877

VK5FMAZ Â*47 QSOs
VK5PAS 69 QSOs

Thanks to everyone who took part in the weekend, both activators and
hunters. Â*I hope everyone had as much fun as we did. Â*I will prepare some
stats about the weekend over the coming weeks and place on the VK5 Parks
Award website, Facebook page, and Yahoo group. Â*I will also place some
additional information here about each of our activations. Â* And dont
forget to send me your logs so I can upload them to the WWFF database,
Logsearch.