Old June 11th 17, 08:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default IRAQI Kurdistan to hold Independence Referendum

IRAQI Kurdistan to hold Independence Referendum. Potentially new DXCC Country on the horizon.
If you follow the Intrepid-DX Group, you know that we visited Erbil, the capitol of Iraqi Kurdistan in April 2010 and conducted the YI9PSE DXpedition.’
Since that time, we have maintained our relationship with the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) and followed their plans for independence. The KRG has welcomed us to return for additional amateur radio activities.’
On June 7, 2017, KRG President Massoud Barzani announced following a meeting of the Kurdish political parties that the Iraqi Kurdish region will hold an independence referendum on September 25th, 2017 as the first major step towards independence.’
The Intrepid-DX Group will continue to follow developments from the KRG as they move towards independence. If they declare independence and all conditions are in place for UN acceptance, we will again hope to join forces with our friends the Tifariti Gang (www.dxfriends.com) and activate Kurdistan together just as we joined teams to activate the new Republic of South Sudan in August/September 2011.’
You can follow our progress at www.Intrepid-DX.Com or on our Facebook Page.’
Thank you,’

Paul S. Ewing-N6PSE
Vice President and Founder