Old April 9th 20, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [VA3QV] Higher than usual Radio activity

My Amateur Radio Life

Higher than usual Radio activity

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2020/04/...adio-activity/

If there is a positive side effect to this COVID19 crap it would have to be
that a lot of hams have suddenly remembered where their shack is.Â* The
ONTARS Net ( 3.755 lsb)Â* which runs 7 days a weekÂ* between 7 am and 6 pm is
having a fantastic level or participation.Â* It reminds me of the good old
days.

If would be even better if some of the newer/returning participants would
remember not to tune up their amps/antennas on the net frequency before
they check in.

Recently on a road trip to Ottawa I managed a couple of 2m FM contacts on
the way there and a good ragchew on C4FM on the way back.Â* I guess the
repeater crowd is trying getting into the shack in the non drive time
periods.

On the topic of VA3QV/m.Â* I have not gotten any further with the
installation of the FT 450 in the truck.

I do have the antenna (Wolf River 10m-40m coil and 102 inch whip) installed
and it does work but still no time to get the power cable run into the
truck neatly (which will keep Liz happy)Â* Â*All the other parts are sitting
here so its only my inability to find a neat way to run wires from the
battery to the radio which is holding things up

I also am planning to get some sort of C4FM hot spot for the truck.Â* The
ability to tether the hot spot to my I phone (internet access) could make
the miles pass easier when the HF bands are not cooperating and the local
repeaters are not active.Â* This would give me a mobile version of my home
PDN (Local Node/Personal Digital Node) although it would be much lower
power on the output.Â*

More on this on later as I am still just shopping around now.

The Hamradio events cancellation list continues to grow.Â* It actually would
be a shorter list to mention the events still happening.

Field Day will be happening but I am guessing a multitude of Single
Operator home stations participating unlike years when it was a social
event as well as an operating event.Â* This year we will be forced to
operate only.Â* We should try and get a grip on the thought that this could
be the new normal for our hobby

Thats it for now folks.Â* Try and stay safe and sane

73bob