Old April 13th 20, 02:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] The streak continues

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

The streak continues

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=em ail

No, no such streak as John K3WWP's never duplicatable QRP QSO a Day streak,
but my personal goal of making at least two QSOs in each of the state QSO
parties in 2020.

Yesterday was North Dakota, Georgia and New Mexico. And as expected, the
Georgia QSO Party was like shooting fish in a barrel. I could have made two
QSOs in that state QSO party without even thinking about it much.
Surprisingly to me, North Dakota, while not as easy, proved to be
relatively simple as well. I thought it would be much harder as ND is one
of the "tougher: states for a lot of people working on their Worked All
States Award. But three QSOs came with only a modicum of effort.

New Mexico was the toughie of the three. After I gave the lawn its first
mowing of the season, I headed down the basement and got the above
mentioned QSOs in relatively short order. At that point in the day, I was
not hearing New Mexico at all. I listened on 20 Meters, 40 Meters and even
listened on 15 Meters. Nothing. I truly thought my goal of succeeding in
this personal State QSO Party Challenge was going to come to an abrupt end.

I came upstairs for a bit to take care of a few things and headed back
downstairs around 4:00 PM local time, or about 2000 UTC. I started slowly
twiddling the dial on 20 Meters and stopped when I heard K1JD calling "CQ
NMQP". At first I thought he was a 1-land station trying to call NM
stations, but then I heard him giving out his county as part of the
exchange. Wow! He turned out to be an ex-patriot from 1-land now living in
New Mexico! I got him in the log rather quickly and then followed that by
making a QSO with K8TE. Same deal - I guess that maybe they are retired
Hams who have moved from their home states to retire to New Mexico?
Whatever. I got two NM stations in the log, which was my goal. I would have
liked to have worked a few more ot have fattened up the log, but I have to
admit ..... I never DID hear a 5 station calling "CQ NMQP" which was kind
of weird.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Easter Sunday - 2020

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

This is the day the Lord has made.Let us rejoice and be glad! For Death has
died ... because He has risen!
A very Blessed and Happy Easter to all!
73 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!