Old January 16th 21, 06:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [KB6NU] Dont answer this CQ

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Dont answer this CQ

Yesterday, my wife, Silvia, and I sat down to watch a movie on Amazon. As I
flicked through Movies we think youll like I happened to run across a movie
name CQ. Hey, look at this, I said jokingly.

Lets watch it, Silvia replied. It looked pretty cheezy, but I thought that
Id give it a shot.

Heres how IMDB describes the movie:

A young filmmaker in 1960s Paris juggles directing a cheesy sci-fi debacle,
directing his own personal art film, coping with his crumbling relationship
with his girlfriend, and a new-found infatuation with the sci-fi films
starlet.

YIKES! I should have trusted my gut on this one. This movie was even worse
than I thought. It cut back and forth between scenes from the cheesy sci-fi
debacle to scenes of the personal art film to scenes of the actual movie,
with none of it making much sense. And, while I think you were supposed to
sympathize with the predicament of the young filmmaker who was trying to
find himself, he was such a whiny twerp that such feelings were impossible.

Nothing about this movie really made much sense, including the title. They
did have someone sending CQ during the opening credits, but there wasnt a
hint of Morse Code in the rest of the picture. Instead of watching this
movie, my time would have been much better spent actually calling CQ on 80m!

The post Dont answer this CQ appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.

[KB6NU] Operating Notes: Centennial points, QSO #15000, Why dont contesters ragchew? KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Moderated 0 December 15th 14 05:37 PM
Dont read Me Again General 0 December 14th 04 02:08 AM
I dont have any freinds Lloyd Davies Tub O Lard General 0 September 26th 03 03:15 AM
HEY -=JD=- WHY DONT YOU COME OUT OF THE CLOSET? The Dawn Soliloquy Scanner 1 July 6th 03 10:13 PM
HEY -=JD=- WHY DONT YOU COME OUT OF THE CLOSET? The Dawn Soliloquy Shortwave 1 July 6th 03 10:13 PM