Old April 18th 21, 08:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.info

Default [QSO Today] AK5TX

QSO TODAY AMATEUR RADIO PODCAST - Podcasts

AK5TX

https://www.qsotoday.com/podcasts/ak5tx

Episode 347 - Patrick Brown - AK5TX
Patrick (Pat) Brown, AK5TX, has always had a
love for radio leading to opportunities from Chicago to Alaska to Texas!
Amateur radio was the game-changer for Pat when he suddenly lost his
eyesight, almost 20 years ago. Pat is now "More than able, I am
Handi-Capable!" He continues his journey including contributing to our art,
hobby, craft, sport, and science in the amateur community residing in Tyler
Texas. He is a part of our amazing hobby. Today, my QSO is AK5TX!
Show Notes
Sponsor Transcription
Listen to Podcast

Pat Brown: "We are more than able,
were Handi-Capable"

Pats late wife: Shanley Kerls, KL5AJK (SK)

Hometown: Gary, Indiana

First License: Age 13

First Rig:
Heathkit HW-16 HF Novice Transceiver

Current Rig:
Icom IC-2730 2 Meter Transceiver
Kenwood TS-480 HF Transceiver

Terms
Hallicrafters Radio Corporation
Vintage Tape Recorder battery operated
PA System
Citizens Band Radio
MARS - Military Auxiliary Radio System
Amateur Technician Class
Shortwave Listener
WGVE Educational Radio Station
Main Trading Company
Sperry Univac
Burroughs Computers
Core Memory
Optic Fibers
" Fiber Optic Cable
Boise Cascade Company
Exxon Oil Spill
Trans-Alaska Pipeline
HAARP
University of Alaska Fairbanks
CERT Training
Lions Club International
Toastmasters
ARES - Amateur Radio Emergency Service
RFID Chips
Helen Keller
Project LEON - Shoot stuff cheaply into space
Dr. Carl Knowlen
Ram Accelerator
Apollo 11 Moon Landing
Estes Rockets
Arthur C. Clark
Control Data Corporation
Ram Accelerator Rocket Engine
Hypersonic Speed
AMSAT
STEM/STEAM
Pats Ham Radio Wheel of Fortunate
TARC, Tyler Amateur Radio Club, Pats role: Vice President, Disability
Advocate, and Ambassador of Goodwill.
Blended Meetings
5 Pillars of Ham Radio

Greatest challenge facing amateur radio now: How to create programs to
increase participation.

Advice to new or returning hams: Thanks for getting involved again, and
find a local club to help you integrate. The RSS Feed for all audio
content from QSO today is available from here.

Please join our QSO Today community by pressing the button below. It is the
best way to suggest guests and topics, and provide feedback to Eric,
4Z1UG. Subscribe Heathkit HW-16
Novice Transceiver Icom IC-2730 Dual Band VHF/UHF
Transceiver Kenwood TS-480 HF Transceiver Pat's Wheel of
Fortunate

[QRZ] AO-7 today ? QRZ.com via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Moderated 0 December 25th 20 10:24 AM
(OT) As of Today, [email protected] Shortwave 0 January 22nd 09 12:35 AM
(OT) As of Today, [email protected] Shortwave 1 January 21st 09 06:04 AM
Around today? Rick General 0 June 16th 05 05:09 PM
Very good daytime reception today on mid SW bands today Telamon Shortwave 0 June 6th 05 05:47 AM