Old May 20th 21, 05:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,aus.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [VK5PAS] VK100AF in May 2021

VK5PAS

VK100AF in May 2021

https://vk5pas.org/2021/05/19/vk100af-in-may-2021/

On Thursday 6th day of May and Friday 7th day of May 2021, Marija and I had
the special call of VK100AF for 2 days.

Over the 2 day period we operated from both at home and out in the field.
This included an activation for the Summits on the Air

(SOTA) program, and
two park activations for the World Wide Flora Fauna

(WWFF) program and the
VK5 National & Conservation Parks Award.
All up we made a total of 282 QSOs on 15, 20, 40, & 80m SSB.

15m.2 QSOs20m.88 QSOs40m.146 QSOs80m.46 QSOs
The graph below shows our contacts per band.

Above:- Graph showing our contacts on each band.
The map below shows our contacts around the world over the 2 day period.
We worked 22 different DXCC.

Unfortunately on Sunday afternoon, right in the middle of a pile up, I had
significant equipment failure. After an hour or more of trouble shooting, I
found that it was an issue with the cable from the tuner to my
antenna/transceiver switch. By the time I had found and fixed the problem,
the 20m band had closed. Oh well. I still managed to log the following
DXCC entities:-

Asiatic RussiaAustraliaAustriaBulgariaCroatiaCyprusCzech
RepublicEnglandEuropean
RussiaGermanyFinlandFranceHawaiiIndonesiaItalyMalt aNew
ZealandPolandRomaniaSouth AfricaUkraineUSA
Our SOTA activation was at Mount Lofty VK5/ SE-005 which is located within
the Cleland Conservation Park 5CP-042 & VKFF-778. We made a total of 48
QSOs on 20, 40, & 80m SSB into VK1, VK2, VK4, VK4, VK5, VK6, VK7, and New
Zealand.

Our second park activation for the day was at the Kyeema Conservation Park
5CP-107 & VKFF-0826 where we made a total of 48 QSOs into VK2, VK3, VK4,
VK5, VK6, VK7, and Indonesia.

THANKS to everyone who called.
VI100AF in April 2021

https://vk5pas.org/2021/05/19/vi100af-in-april-2021/

On Thursday 29th and Friday 30th April 2021, Marija and I used the VI100AF
call for 2 days. VI100AF is one of two special event calls to celebrate
the 100 year anniversary of the Royal Australian Air Force.

Over the 2 day period we made a total of 342 QSOs on 20m, 40m, & 80m SSB

20m.203 QSOs40m.73 QSOs80m.66 QSOs
I did put out CQ calls on 10m and 15m but had no takers on those bands.

Above:- Graph showing our contacts per bands.
The map below shows our contacts around the world over the 2 day period.
We worked a total of 33 different DXCC entities as follows:-

AlaskaAustraliaAustriaBelgiumBulgariaCanadaCzech
RepublicDenmarkEnglandEuropean
RussiaGermanyFinlandFranceGreeceItalyJapanLatviaLo rd Howe
IslandNetherlandsNew ZealandPolandPortugalRomaniaScotlandSloveniaSouth
AfricaSouth Cook IslandsSpainSwedenSwitzerlandUkraineUSAWake Island

Above:- Map showing our contacts around the world over the 2 day period.
Each afternoon we had a nice

(but short) opening on 20m long path into
Europe and the United Kingdom. The map below shows our contacts to that
part of the world.

Above:- Map showing our contacts around Europe.
Callers from VK and ZL had slowed down a bit from our first activation as
VI100AF back in March. The map below shows our contacts around Australia
and New Zealand.

Above:- Map showing our contacts around Australia and to New Zealand.
THANK YOU to everyone who called.