Old February 7th 05, 09:11 AM
Zlatko Feric

Default Peter One news...

from www.peterone.com:

Peter I
Press Release #11

Date: February 6, 2005

From: Team co-leaders:
Ralph Fedor, KOIR and Bob Allphin, K4UEE

Peter I Team on the way to Punta Arenas!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Peter I Dxpedition team members begin their five-week long journey
tomorrow, Monday February 7th. They will assemble in Punta Arenas, Chile as
previously announced.

The last month has been full of last-minute changes. Our original
boat could not be made ready in time, it was delayed four months and is
still not ready to sail -- and we learned that news less than a month ago.
The decision was made to continue the effort for 2005 and not postpone.
After scores of phone calls, faxes and other scrambling we were able to
contract with another vessel, an offshore supply vessel named the "Cavendish
Sea". We have also contracted another helicopter and a very experienced
pilot -- and we should be able to hold to the most recently announced
schedule. We are confident the new vessel and helicopter are
mission-capable. The team will be cramped and more uncomfortable, but we
are up to the task.

We will be underway from Ushuaia, Argentina on Friday, February 11th
if all goes well. Depending on weather and sea conditions we expect to be
on Peter I about February 17-18th.

The Peter I DXPedition will be on the ice for two weeks and hope to
make 100,000 contacts.

Please follow our progress on our website: www.peterone.com

And special thanks to all of our sponsors, including Corporate, DX
clubs, Individuals and DX Foundations. The NCDXF is a premier sponsor of
the Peter I DXpedition-2005.

This is a huge undertaking and very, very expensive. The team members
are funding 74% of the total cost and need your help with the remaining
expenses. Your contribution will be very much appreciated. Send
contributions to either: K4UEE, F2JD, JA1ELY or ZL2AL (check the website for
an easy-to-use donation form).