Old March 26th 05, 01:46 AM
Danny Goodman

Default CQ Contest Wallpaper

Does anyone else have problems getting CQ mag contest award certificates? My
call shows up now and then in bold face in the results, but no certificates
for most of those appearances, even after contacting the contest runners.
Been at same QTH for 20 years (and CQ subscriber for over 30), so the
address is correct. Should have received certs for QRP entries in both WPX
contests a couple of years ago, but no go. No problems with ARRL
contests/wallpaper.

Just wondering if I'm the only one. Sittin' out this year's WPXes.

Dan, AE9F

Old March 26th 05, 03:38 AM
Bob Nielsen

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:46:49 -0800, Danny Goodman wrote:
Does anyone else have problems getting CQ mag contest award certificates? My
call shows up now and then in bold face in the results, but no certificates
for most of those appearances, even after contacting the contest runners.
Been at same QTH for 20 years (and CQ subscriber for over 30), so the
address is correct. Should have received certs for QRP entries in both WPX
contests a couple of years ago, but no go. No problems with ARRL
contests/wallpaper.

Just wondering if I'm the only one. Sittin' out this year's WPXes.

Dan, AE9F

You are not alone.

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY n7xy (at) n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA http://www.n7xy.net

Old March 28th 05, 09:43 AM

wrote:

Does anyone else have problems getting CQ mag contest award certificates? My
call shows up now and then in bold face in the results, but no certificates
for most of those appearances, even after contacting the contest runners.
Been at same QTH for 20 years (and CQ subscriber for over 30), so the
address is correct. Should have received certs for QRP entries in both WPX
contests a couple of years ago, but no go. No problems with ARRL
contests/wallpaper.

Just wondering if I'm the only one. Sittin' out this year's WPXes.

Dan, AE9F

Wait a few more years. It'll eventually show up.....

73, Jim KH2D

Old March 28th 05, 05:25 PM
Dave Heil

Danny Goodman wrote:

Does anyone else have problems getting CQ mag contest award certificates? My
call shows up now and then in bold face in the results, but no certificates
for most of those appearances, even after contacting the contest runners.
Been at same QTH for 20 years (and CQ subscriber for over 30), so the
address is correct. Should have received certs for QRP entries in both WPX
contests a couple of years ago, but no go. No problems with ARRL
contests/wallpaper.

Just wondering if I'm the only one. Sittin' out this year's WPXes.

Dan, AE9F

Dan,

I suggest that you drop Alan Dorhoffer at CQ a line. Let him know of the
specifics, i.e. for which contests you have not received certificates.

I did so for the 5H3US operation which K8LEE, WD8SDL and I did from
Tanzania in the '99 CQ WW DX SSB 'test. Alan saw to it that we received
the certificate. It has not been uncommon to receive CQ contest
certificates two or three years after the results are published. It is
something which the CQ front office needs to address. CQ has the best
DX contests. It should keep them that way by making certain that
certificates are sent to those who qualify in a timely manner.

Dave K8MN