Old April 8th 05, 12:24 AM

Default Another Weird Noise - 17M

Anyone know what the weird bubbling noise on 18.084 thru 18.094 is
or its origin?

K6LTS

email address in QRZ.com
Old April 10th 05, 06:50 PM
Joe O'Connell

I've been hearing it in the Seattle area since shortly after we got the
band.Don't know where it's from but it is usually audible here when the
JA/UA0 path is open in the afternoon.Don't hear it in the morning .
Joe

Old April 10th 05, 08:04 PM
Roland Stiner

"Joe O'Connell" wrote in message
I've been hearing it in the Seattle area since shortly after we got the
band.Don't know where it's from but it is usually audible here when the
JA/UA0 path is open in the afternoon.Don't hear it in the morning .
Joe

I read in Monitoring Times that it is the harmonic of a jamming station in
Cuba. I forget which station they're targeting (could be Radio Marti) but
they do it pretty much every day. Nothing you can do about it, Cuba won't
stop till the "offending" station stops it's broadcast.

--
Roland Stiner, NK2U