Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 13th 05, 11:44 PM
John

William E. Sabin wrote:
Thanks Harold. What you hear is probably something different. I appreciate
your input.

There is some local speculation about a Central or South American source,
but I am uncertain about that.

Bill W0IYH

"Harold E. Johnson" wrote in message
newsZb7e.15176$8Z6.14849@attbi_s21...

In Cedar Rapids Iowa I hear a constant warbly signal on 14.3175 upper
sideband, 24/7.

I am not sure if it is local or long distance. It peaks from the South on

my

rotary beam. A friend in Cedar Rapids 5 miles away hears it also.

Does anyone else out there hear it also?

Bill, is that it's zero beat frequency? I hear something warbly at 50 Hz
bandwidth and with a 5-600 Hz note at 14.318. Mine seems to peak to the
NorthEast but VERY weak here in NC. Doesn't move my "S" meter a bit. Can't
even hear it in the noise bandwidth when opened up.

Regards
W4ZCB

Sounds like the fourth harmonic of the TV Color burst frequency.
73, John