Old July 8th 05, 09:39 PM
Tedd Mirgliotta

Default Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #717

SB DX @ WW KB8NW $OPDX.717
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin No. 717

The Ohio/Penn DX PacketCluster
DX Bulletin No. 717
BID: $OPDX.717
July 11, 2005
Editor Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW
Provided by BARF80.ORG (Cleveland, Ohio)

Thanks to the Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society, Northern Ohio DX
Association, Ohio/Penn PacketCluster Network, AB5K & the AR TelNet
Clusters Network, K1XN & GoList, N1QAE, N2OO, N2YO, K3LR, NG3K, W3UR
& The Daily DX, N4AA & QRZ DX, N4GN, K8YSE, WT8C, DL1EK & The DX News
Letter, F5CWU & La Gazette du DX, F5NQL & UFT, I1JQJ/IK1ADH & 425 DX
News, JI6KVR & JA-IOTA Islands News, JT1CD, LA9VDA, LU4BR, LU5FF, OH2BH,
PG7V, VA3RJ & ICPO, VE3NQK, VK3DYL and VK4AN for the following DX
information.

** SPECIAL NOTE FROM EDITOR: Due to some late and special IARU Contest
announcements, the bulletin was released earlier than normal this week
(Friday, July 8th) to accommodate the operators and keep the subscribers
up-to-date.

DXCC COUNTRY/ENTITY REPORT: According to the AR-Cluster Network for the
week of Friday, 1st/July, through Friday, 8th/July there were 215 countries
active. Countries available: 3A, 3B8, 3B9, 3DA, 3V, 4J, 4L, 4S, 4X, 5A,
5B, 5H, 5N, 5R, 5T, 5V, 5X, 5Z, 6W, 6Y, 7Q, 7X, 8P, 8R, 9A, 9G, 9H, 9J,
9K, 9M2, 9M6, 9N, 9Q, 9V, 9Y, A2, A3, A4, A6, A7, A9, AP, BV, BY, C2,
C3, C6, C9, CE, CE9, CM, CN, CP, CT, CT3, CU, CX, CY9, D4, DL, DU, EA,
EA6, EA8, EA9, EI, EK, EL, EP, ER, ES, ET, EU, EX, EY, EZ, F, FG, FK,
FM, FO, FR, FW, FY, G, GD, GI, GJ, GM, GU, GW, HA, HB, HB0, HC, HI, HK,
HL, HP, HR, HS, HZ, I, IS, J2, J3, J5, J6, JA, JD/m, JD/o, JT, JW, JY,
K, KG4, KH0, KH2, KH6, KH9, KL, KP2, KP4, LA, LU, LX, LY, LZ, OA, OD,
OE, OH, OH0, OK, OM, ON, OX, OY, OZ, P2, P4, PA, PJ2, PY, PZ, R1FJ, S5,
S7, S9, SM, SP, ST, SU, SV, SV5, SV9, T2, T32, T5, T7, T8, T9, TA, TF,
TG, TI, TI9, TK, TR, TT, TU, TZ, UA, UA2, UA9, UK, UN, UR, V3, V5, V6,
V7, V8, VE, VK, VK9N, VP2M, VP8/h, VP9, VR, VU, XE, XU, XW, YA, YB, YI,
YK, YL, YN, YO, YS, YU, YV, Z2, Z3, ZA, ZB, ZC4, ZD7, ZD8, ZF, ZK1/s,
ZK2, ZL, ZP, ZS

* PLEASE NOTE: The report "could" contain "Pirate/SLIM" operations or
more likely a "BUSTED CALLSIGN". As always, you never know - "Work
First Worry Later" (WFWL).

3V8, TUNISIA (IOTA Op). Some members of The Canary Islands DX Society
(EC8ADU, EC4DX, EC8AUA) and some Tunisian operators have announced that
they will be active from Djerba Island (AF-038). Activity will be on the
WARC bands and on SSB/PSK31/RTTY between July 26-29th. They will also be
active on SSB during the IOTA Contest July 30-31st. QSL via the Bureau
to Javi, EC4DX; more infomation is available on QRZ.com. Visit the
DXpedition's Web site at: http://www.cidxs.com

9M4, EAST MALAYSIA. Operators 9M6US and 9M6MU will activate the official
IARU HQ station 9M4SHQ for Malaysia for the IARU Contest. Please note
that this station will be located at the Hill View Gardens Amateur Radio
Club station in Sabah. QSL 9M4SHQ via N2OO.

A3, TONGA. Alex, HB9FBO, will be active as A35BO from October 24th to
December 1st. Activity will be on 160-10 meters, including the WARC bands,
and on CW/SSB/PSK31. QSL via info on QRZ.com. Look for a A35BO Web page
in the coming weeks.

CY9SS, ST. PAUL ISLAND. The CY9SS DXpedition on St. Paul Island went
QRT on Wednesday, July 6th.

DX SUMMIT AND THE FINNISH TREASURE HUNT (OH2W, OH4W, OH5W, OH6W, OH7W,
OH8W and OH9W). Martti, OH2BH, reports: "The Elisa Radio Club of Finland
is managing the original world-renowned DX Summit, and you may have noticed
that their heading includes the callsign of the group who operates the
DX Cluster 'OH9W'. This coming weekend marks another interesting event
when the DX Cluster will be employed to support the WRTC-2006 (World
Radiosport Team Championship) OH qualifying run for 24 hours during the
CW/SSB IARU Radiosport Contest that is sure to penetrate the bands. OH9W
along with six (6) other W (Whiskey) callsigns will compete with low-power
stations to capture the honors for Finnish team captain of the 2006 WRTC
event. You are invited to try to log these seven stations by following
this DX Summit link: http://oh2aq.kolumbus.com/dxs/wrtc.html
From the above link you can move to the DX Summit Main Page and send
your own spots and compete for honors to be one of the stations producing
the highest number of spots during this event. If you manage to work all
seven stations, a professional video featuring the WRTC-2002 event will
be yours at no cost. The competing captain candidates - OH0XX, OH1JT,
OH1NOA, OH2UA, OH4JFN and OH6RX - will appreciate your call on all bands."

FW, WALLIS AND FUTUNA. OPDX was informed that Guy, FR5ZL, will be active
here as FW5ZL between July 13th and August 13th. Activity will be on
40/30/20/15 meters CW/SSB, and possibly RTTY and PSK31. QSL direct to
FR5ZL (NO QSLs via the French Bureau).

HI, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. Members of the Lomadeltoro Contest Team will be
active as HI3CCP in the CQ WW DX SSB Contest (October 29-30th) as a
Multi-Op/High-Power entry. Operators mentioned a HI3CCP, HI3TEJ,
HI3NR and HI8ROX. QSL via ON4IQ.
Also, members of the Lomadeltoro Contest Team (operators not provided)
will be active as HI3A in the CQ WW DX CW Contest (November 26-27th) as
a Multi-Op entry. QSL via AD4Z. Visi the Lomadeltoro Contest Team's Web
page at: http://www.lomadeltoro.com

INTERESTING PRESS RELEASE OF THE WEEK (New DXCC Entity?). OPDX received
a press release from Eddie DeYoung, VK4AN, titled "ROYAL AMATEUR RADIO
SOCIETY (RARS) of the HUTT RIVER PROVINCE PRINCIPALITY". The press release
states:
"We are a small country, located on the Australian continent, just north
of Geraldton, Western Australia. We just celebrated 35 years of Independence
from Australia and have received recognition from a UN-member country! Due
to recent events, we are now ready to commence radio transmissions! Firstly,
we established the Ministry of Communications, a Communications Act was
decreed, Radio Regulations were formulated using the IARU Regulations as a
guideline, and a body to represent Amateur Radio in the Principality was
created, to be known as the Royal Amateur Radio Society. The RARS came into
being 01 July 2005. We have just applied for membership in the ITU/IARU-R3,
and once a provisional prefix is granted by the ITU, we will qualify for new
country status for DXCC purposes. We believe that we have submitted all the
documentation that should be required. Once we have 'New Country' status,
it is anticipated that a large number of DXers/Contesters will be eager to
operate from here. The prefix block 'H5A~Z' has been applied for, and will
be used (unofficially) until ratified by the ITU. We have a club-station
room available at the main Government building, and acres of land for an
antenna farm 'but' we do not have any equipment or antennas to offer
visiting Hams as yet. We are asking the international DX community for
help as we are an emerging country, and, as can be expected, funds are
scarce to purchase equipment for the Club station. You and your group can
help in several ways: by joining RARS; donate or sell radio items surplus
to your needs at minimal cost; donation of funds. All donations of equipment
and funds will be acknowledged by a personal letter of thanks from the
RARS and our Sovereign, HRH Prince Leonard! Items can be sent direct to
Hutt River Province, or to me for checking and any refurbishment. I am
planning to return to Hutt River Province in a few months, and can take
what we have and set it up to begin operations. DXpedition groups will be
very welcome, but, will need to make a reservation, as we expect a 'flood'
of hams wanting to use the club facilities in the first year that we have
DXCC country status. 'Self contained' groups are welcome anytime. For
information about the Hutt River Province Principality; an insight into
our 35-year history of independence and photos of the Principality, please
visit http://www.hutt-river-province.com
An application for membership, citizenship, more information, or reply
on other matters, can be had by contacting me at

Yours in amateur radio,
Eddie DeYoung H50A~VK4AN~VK6CC
Director-General - Ministry of Communications
& temporary RARS "Secretary of Everything"
VK QTH: 17~19 Ross St, Maryborough, QLD 4650 Australia
H5 QTH: Government Offices, Nain, Hutt River Province, via Northampton,
WA 6535 Australia"

IOTA NEWS..................
AF-004. Peter, PC2A, will be active as EA8/PC2A from Lanzarote Island
(DIE S-007) until July 14th. Activity may be limited because
this is a holiday trip with a K2-100 and dipole antennas. QSL
via PC2A, direct or by the bureau. Visit the following Web page
for more information at: http://www.pi4cc.nl/personal/pc2a/ea8/

AS-079. Tack, JE1RXJ, will sign homecall/6 from Miyako Island (JIIA
AS-079-055), Okinawa Pref, August 3-7th. Activity will be on
40-6 meters CW/SSB. QSL via his home callsign, direct or by
the Bureau.

AS-147. Sasi/JA1KJW, Yama/JJ1JGI, Akira/JK1EBA, Mitsu/7N4AGB will be
active as homecall/8 from Rebun Island (JIIA AS-147-006),
Hokkaido Coastal Island, July 15-18th. QSL via their home
callsign, direct or by the bureau.

EU-037. Kent, SM0ELV, will be active as SM0ELV/7 from Ido Island in
the RSGB IOTA Contest (July 30-31st). Activity will be on both
CW and SSB. QSL via his home callsign, direct or by the bureau.

EU-038. JanJaap/PG7V and Jack/PD2JVE will be active from Texel Island
with the special callsign PC6IOTA from July 27th to August 3rd.
Their main activity will be participation in the RSGB IOTA
Contest (July 30-31st). Activity before and after the contest
will be on all HF bands on CW, SSB, RTTY and PSK, and 6 meters,
2 meters and 70 centimeters. QSL via PG7V. More info about the
operation can be found on: http://www.pg7v.net/pc6iota

EU-055. Members of the QLF DX Team (LA6Q), will be active from Utsira
Lighthouse NOR-262 on the Island of Utsira, July 20-24th.
This IOTA group is #6 on the Most Wanted list for EU. Operators
mentioned a LA5UKA/Bjorn, LA8AJA/Andy and LA9VDA/Tony.
Activity will be on 80-17 meters, CW, SSB some RTTY. QSL via
LA9VDA.

EU-130. Bodo, DL3OCH, will be active as IV3/DL3OCH from Grado Island
(IIA GO-001 and MIA MI-039), July 28th to August 1st. Activity
will be on 160-10 meters CW only. Bodo will also participate
in the RSGB IOTA Contest (July 30-31st). QSL via his home
callsign, direct or by the bureau.

EU-132. Operators Zick/SP3BJK and Przemek/SQ3RX will be active from
Wolin Island (SPIA SZ-002 for the Polish Islands Award) between
July 22nd and August 2nd. They will sign homecall/1. Activity
will be on all HF bands, CW and SSB, and an entry in the IOTA
Contest. QSL via SQ3RX, direct or by the bureau.

SA-055. Roberto, LU4BR, President of Radio Club Argentino, informs
OPDX that his members will activate Martin Garcia Island
using the callsign LR4D from July 28-31st. Their schedule
will be as follows:
July 28-29th: HF bands, mainly CW/RTTY
July 30-31st: Entry in the 2005 IOTA Contest as a
Multi-Op.
QSL via LU4AA, both direct or by the bureau.

JT3, MONGOLIA. From the HQ station of the MRSF, look for JT3T to partipicate
in the IARU World Championships from the border town of Zamyn-Uud. QSL
direct to JT1CH: P.O. Box 421, Ulaanbaatar-38, MONGOLIA.

LIGHTHOUSE ACTIVITY...................
Look for Dov, 4Z4DX, to be active as 4Z4DX/LH from the Jaffa Lighthouse
(ARLHS ISR-005), August 20-21st. Activity will be on all bands and
modes. QSL via his home callsign (QRZ.com), or eQSL. Logs will be
uploaded to LoTW.

Gordon, VE3RGG, will be operating from Cabot Head Lighthouse (CAN-067)
the first week of August. He will be living there for the week and
be an entry in the Lighthouse/Lightship Contest (August 6-7th). Cabot
Head Lighthouse is located on the Bruce Peninsula, South of Tobermory,
on Georgian Bay. QSL via his home callsign, direct, IRC or Canadian
postage.

LR2, ARGENTINA. Look for LR2F to be active during the IARU Contest this
weekend as a Multi-Single CW/SSB entry. Before the competition the operators
will activate the station on different bands putting an emphasis on 160m.
The operators mentioned a LU2FA, LW7DX, LW9DA, LU5CW, LU1FZR, LU4FPZ
and LU5FF. To request sked for QSOs before the competition, send an
E-mail to: QSL via LU2FA.

OL200, SLOVAKIA (Special Event). Look for OL200BA and other special event
stations to be active now through December 31st celebrate the "Battle of
the Three Emperors" in Austerlitz 200 years ago. More information can be
found on the following Web page at:
http://www.qrz.cz/Pages/diplom_en.html

PA2000, THE NETHERLANDS (Special Event). Look for special event station
PA2000N to be active on the air between July 8-23rd. Activity is to
celebrate the 2000th anniversary of the City of Nijmegen (also known
as Noviomagum).

QSL INFO AND NEWS...................
Claude, N1QAE (ex-6Y5CC), reports that the 6 meter logs for 6Y5RV have
finally arrived. He states, "This is all possible due to the deligence
and help from my good friend Wenty, 6Y5IC, in Jamaica. He and I are in
the process of inputing the information in the computer. The first
batch of QSLs will be going out the the second week of July 2005. I do
understand that these 6 meters logs are very important and needed.
AS soon as we are finished inputing the information, I will try to
get them up on the Web (time permitting). Please be patient. Thank you
all for you kind understanding."

OPDX was informed that the A35YL and YJ0YL QSL cards should be mailed
out in approximately one month's time. The IOTAs covered during the
trip a YJ0YL - OC-035 (May 2-19th)
A35YL - OC-049 (May 23-29th)
- OC-064 (May 30th to June 7th - a fairly rare IOTA).
An Australian postage stamp covering the return, at "Card Only" rate,
will be a special issue stamp picturing the 2 YLs, VE7YL and VK3DYL on
it. It is planned to have only one run of these special stamps, so they
will no doubt become collector's items! Note: This stamp can not be used
with 2 cards in the one envelope.

Goran, YZ1SG/YT2A, has announced that the logs for TA0/YZ1SG (AS-098)
and TA4/YZ1SG (Bodrum) are now on: http://dx.qsl.net/logs/index.html
QSLs will be printed very soon. QSL via YZ1SG, by the bureau or direct:
Goran Savic, Zlatiborska 59, 31310 Cajetina, Serbia & Montenegro.

TZ, MALI. The VooDoo Contest Group will be active in the CQWW DX CW Contest
(November 26-27th) this year signing TZ5A. As usual, they will be a Multi-
Multi entry with seven 1 KW stations and mono-band antennas. QSL TZ5A via
G3SXW. Individual licences have been issued to the team members as follows:
AA7A - TZ6NS K7WP - TZ6CW
G3SXW - TZ5A KC7V - TZ6MF
G4BWP - TZ6WP KY7M - TZ6LF
G4IRN - TZ6RN N7NG TZ6NG

G3PJT and K5VT will also join the operators of the TZ5A contest group.
QSL personal TZ callsigns will be used outside the contest. More details
are forthcoming.

W1AW/5 AND NU1AW/3 HQ MULTIPLIERS FOR IARU. Tim Duffy, K3LR, sent out the
following press release: "The two USA Headquarters (HQ) multipliers for
the 2005 IARU HF World Championship contest will be very active on all
HF bands and modes this coming weekend. The ARRL HQ station, W1AW, will
be portable five in Arkansas with multi multi contest station, K5GO as
the flagship host station. The IARU HQ station, NU1AW, will be portable
three with multi multi contest station K3LR as the flagship host station.
QSL to the W1AW and NU1AW addresses as listed on QRZ.COM
Experienced contestmen from several states will man the radios for the
24 hours contest period.
W1AW/5 will be staffed with 12 CW and 15 SSB operators.
NU1AW/3 will be staffed with 6 CW and 6 SSB operators."

WP3, PUERTO RICO. Alfredo, WP3C, will be active in this year's CQWW DX
CW Contest (November 26-27th) as a Single-Op/Single-Band (40m)/Low-Power
entry. QSL via W3HNK. Visit his Web site at: http://www.wp3c.qth.com

YI, IRAQ. Ilian, YI9LZ, in Ad Diwaniyah, will participate in the IARU
HF World Championship 2005 (1200z, July 9th to 1200z, July 10th) as his
work duties dictate. QSL via LZ1ZF.

YR0, ROMANIA. The Romanian headquarter station will be active in the
2005 IARU HF World Championship as YR0HQ. A free award (YR0HQ 2005 AWARD)
is issued for those who work this callsign during this contest. Details
are available at: http://www.hamradio.ro

** IMPORTANT NOTICE/REMINDER ** The Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin now has a new
FAX number. Contributors can now send/fax their DX information to the
following number: 1-419-828-7791 ( F A X only! )
ALSO VISIT THE NORTHERN OHIO DX ASSOCIATION'S WEB HOME PAGE:
http://www.papays.com/nodxa.html
Excerpts and distribution of The OPDX Bulletin are granted as long as
KB8NW/OPDX/BARF80 receive credit. To contribute DX info, please send
via InterNet Mail to: - OR -
Information can now be faxed to the following "NEW" phone line at:
1-419-828-7791 (F A X only!)

/EXIT
--
Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW -
--or--
Old July 9th 05, 04:32 PM
Caveat Lector

Superb DX News Letter Tedd - Thanks

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old July 9th 05, 06:52 PM
Peter Lemken

In rec.radio.amateur.dx Caveat Lector wrote:
Superb DX News Letter Tedd - Thanks

I thought it was posted and the wrong date.

Does this "Hutt River Province Principality" sound real to you?

Peter Lemken
Berlin

--
Was schlechten Geschmack so berauschend macht, ist die aristokratische
Wonne der Verärgerung.

-- Charles Baudelaire
Old July 10th 05, 02:12 AM
Bob Schreibmaier

In article ,
says...

In rec.radio.amateur.dx Caveat Lector wrote:
Superb DX News Letter Tedd - Thanks

I thought it was posted and the wrong date.

Does this "Hutt River Province Principality" sound real to you?

Check it out:

http://www.huttriver.net/

and, especially, the "history" at:

http://www.huttriver.net/HRHistory.htm

I've often felt like I should secede from the
United States, declare war, be defeated, and,
therefore, eligible for reparations. :-)

73,
Bob

| Bob Schreibmaier K3PH | E-mail: |
| Kresgeville, PA 18333 |
http://www.dxis.org |

Old July 10th 05, 05:23 AM
atec

Peter Lemken wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.dx Caveat Lector wrote:

Superb DX News Letter Tedd - Thanks

I thought it was posted and the wrong date.

Does this "Hutt River Province Principality" sound real to you?

Peter Lemken
Berlin

Its real , I have been there , look on the map on Western Australia

a Family owned cessation , really just a tax lurk .