Old July 15th 05, 08:21 PM
Chris_Gaming

Default NASA Comms. - Birmingham, Alabama?

I have an AOR AR8200 MarkIII. I ordered it from the UK, so it's unblocked.
This handheld receiver covers all frequencies from 500 KHz to 3GHz.

I live in Birmingham, Alabama; which is in north central Alabama. I have a
simple question. Sitting here at home in my front yard, is there anyway for
me to listen to the communications between Ground Control and the Shuttle
and/or the Space Station? My exact location is Latitude: 33.57618
Longitude: -86.76385 I know I'm a newbie to this but I don't want to miss
the chance to listen in on NASA communications if possible. BTW - I know a
lot of websites broadcast the communications, but I want to use my own
handheld receiver to listen to them, as opposed to just getting something
relayed off a website. Thanks so much.

Old August 8th 05, 07:40 PM
Larry

"Chris_Gaming" wrote in
:

I live in Birmingham, Alabama; which is in north central Alabama. I
have a simple question. Sitting here at home in my front yard, is
there anyway for me to listen to the communications between Ground
Control and the Shuttle and/or the Space Station?

Sure. You don't need an antenna....(c;

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/nasatv/index.html

If you want to hear the shuttle comms without the narration, Houston
Chronicle newspaper has a feed, direct:
http://www.chron.com/content/interac.../live/live.ram
It'll run great in dialup, but the TV coverage from Akamai is fantastic on
broadband at only 150Kbps to Realvideo in color. During flight, they both
run 24/7 until the Shuttle has become old news or lands, we hope safely in
one piece this time....(c;

--
Larry