Old August 11th 05, 12:13 AM
Debbie H

Default one and a half meter US amateur band: antennas for 225Mhz, or CH 12-DAB ..

I have a Digital radio and reception of one packet on 225Mhz is poor.

This sentence gives me hope:

"DAB is very close to an American (not European) amateur radio band (the
220-225 MHz or one and a half meter band). It is therefore possible to
find suitable instructions for building an own aerial in American
amateur radio publications".

Anybody can point me to such a publication??

I have a general band III TV antenna, designed for 170-240Mhz,
but the station is on 225Mhz, so thats on the upper side of the
band. I already "redesigned" a yagi antenna and made the
directors closer to each other, but do not know the exact size,
or maybe there is some simple design that makes the signal boom.

Is there a publication/calculation to design Yagi's?

(I built a loop for ~500-1850khz and I'm dreaming of a loop antenna ;-)

Thanks,

Marc

Old August 11th 05, 03:35 AM
Mr. Man with the Master Plan

Here in the states, the 1.25m band follows normal ham operation practice.
a vertical polarized antenna cut to about 31cm or so as a 1/4wave antenna
over four radials works well for FM operation where as horizontal works well
for SSB

You shold be able to find decent plans for a 1.25 beam in either a ARRL,
JARL, or RSGB publication, or use or friend Mr. Google on the interweb.

Or, you can tell them what frequency to make the beam for at
http://www.arrowantennas.com/. Pretty darn good and cheap antennas I use
a few UHF beams here and the combo 2m/70cm beam for portable ops

-MMWTMP