Old November 27th 05, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dan/W4NTI

Default CQ WW CW - so far

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:42:46 +0000, Walt Davidson
wrote:

From here in England, the condx on the North Atlantic path have been
the worst I can ever remember during a CQ WW Contest.

What a difference a day makes! Condx on 80m to the USA were excellent
this morning. S9 signals from all call areas through to W5 and W0.
HC8N was also 599, wkd on the first call.

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

The "A" index has dropped considerable today. That makes a big difference.

Dan/W4NTI

Old November 27th 05, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dee Flint

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:42:46 +0000, Walt Davidson
wrote:

From here in England, the condx on the North Atlantic path have been
the worst I can ever remember during a CQ WW Contest.

What a difference a day makes! Condx on 80m to the USA were excellent
this morning. S9 signals from all call areas through to W5 and W0.
HC8N was also 599, wkd on the first call.

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

The "A" index has dropped considerable today. That makes a big
difference.

Dan/W4NTI

Not been real good from southern Michigan. However I can't complain as I've
picked up a couple of new countries despite the fact that all I'm running is
a G5RV only about 15ft high or a ground mounted vertical and just using 100
watts.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old November 28th 05, 01:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dan/W4NTI

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:42:46 +0000, Walt Davidson
wrote:

From here in England, the condx on the North Atlantic path have been
the worst I can ever remember during a CQ WW Contest.

What a difference a day makes! Condx on 80m to the USA were excellent
this morning. S9 signals from all call areas through to W5 and W0.
HC8N was also 599, wkd on the first call.

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

The "A" index has dropped considerable today. That makes a big
difference.

Dan/W4NTI

Not been real good from southern Michigan. However I can't complain as
I've picked up a couple of new countries despite the fact that all I'm
running is a G5RV only about 15ft high or a ground mounted vertical and
just using 100 watts.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

A G5RV (the classic version) does a super job on 20 meters. However 15' is
a problem. Try and get it up higher. Or try a simple vertical up about
20' or so. You will be surprised how the DX flows in.

Dan/W4NTI

Old November 28th 05, 02:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dee Flint

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:42:46 +0000, Walt Davidson
wrote:

From here in England, the condx on the North Atlantic path have been
[...]

Oh, I've had good, high antennas in the past and know how big a difference
it makes. But I've moved too often and just haven't had time to get
anything but the bare bones up.

However, I did manage to get Kenya and Mali (these are new ones for me). So
I'm happy. In addition, I managed to get Morocco on 80 meters and that
pleased me.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old November 28th 05, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dan/W4NTI

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Dee Flint" wrote in message

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:42:46 +0000, Walt Davidson
wrote:

From here in England, the condx on the North Atlantic path have been
[...]

Good show. I managed S. Korea on 20 or 15, and several new Africans.

I too have had to do with make shift antenna's. Remember "Timing and
Persistence" is what works the DX.

Dan/W4NTI