Old November 28th 05, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dan/W4NTI

Default CQ WW CW - so far

"Barry" wrote in message
Tnx for the QSOs Walt.

Seems the the MUF was way low this weekend. 40 was terrible (and on
Sunday, I had a few great hours mid-afternoon, about 3 hours before
sunset). The worst first hour I've ever had. 80 was excellent, as
was 20. Even 15 never fully opened to Europe, thought Sunday was
better than Saturday.
73,
Barry W2UP

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:42:46 +0000, Walt Davidson
wrote:

From here in England, the condx on the North Atlantic path have been
the worst I can ever remember during a CQ WW Contest. However, in
other directions it has not been too bad, for example Southeast Asia,
Indian Ocean, Pacific, S. America and Africa have all been coming in
at reasonable strength. But no JA's.

By far the loudest USA sig on 14 MHz is W1GQ. He is head and
shoulders above all the usual East Coast "big guns". Stations like
KC1XX and K1RX are really weak ... very strange.

Wkd T88AA on 14 MHz for a new one!
:-)

73 de G3NYY

--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies

Strange how different QTH's can make a major difference. 40 meters was
EXCELLENT from East Central Alabama. Started working Europe/Africa before
local dusk. 80 was a problem here, but that is antenna problems at my end.
On 40 I have a loop (vertical) and it is working great.

Dan/W4NTI