Old July 1st 03, 07:06 PM
Thierry

Default Ham Populations

Hi,
Last year I did a few stats and extrapoling the numbers of most associations
I arrived to a total of about 2 millions hams (licenced) and active (most in
USA & JA indeed), I mean working on a regular base on HF or V/UHF whatever
the mode.
Including those who still have a license, a shack in good state ready to go
on the air we can easily double this number.
This is right similar to your value.
I use this number on my website too.

best 73
Thierry
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry

"AMHAM73" wrote in message

THE IARU YEAR 2000 LISTING FOR HAMS SHOWS THERE ARE ALMOST 2.8 MILLION
STATIONS AND ALMOST 3 MILLION OPERATORS WORLDWIDE.

USA HAS ~680,000 OPERATORS
JAPAN LEADS THE PACK WITH ~1.2 MILLION

THIS DATA CAME FROM JOE SPERONI AH0A WEB SITE http://www.speroni.com/FCC