Old September 9th 03, 06:46 AM

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 11:59:29 GMT, "Dee D. Flint"
wrote:

If you receive an IRC, simply take it to any post office and buy sufficient
postage to reply to the QSL.

If life were only that simple. The postmaster at the U.S. post office
where I live has been trying to figure out what IRC's are for about
a year now. He told me that if he ever does figure it out, he'll let
me exchange them for stamps. I got tired of waiting and sold them.

Many U.S. post offices are fine when it comes to buying IRC's but
when it comes to exchanging one for stamps, forget it......

73, Jim KH2D

Old September 9th 03, 01:21 PM
Jackie

Many U.S. post offices are fine when it comes to buying IRC's but
when it comes to exchanging one for stamps, forget it......

I've gotten my best, fastest return QSL results using Bill Plum's foreign
postage stamps. He is quick to turn around an order. I usually go in on an
order with a friend of mine who's a DXer, so we save a bit on p/h charges
too.

I've gotten cards from Europe and Asia as quick as two weeks by using return
foreign postage. Since I don't always "need" a card that quickly, though, I
send most of mine through the bureau.

Jackie

Old September 9th 03, 02:47 PM
Caveat Lector

Have your Post Office Clerk go to USPS URL:
http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/pubs/32html/32h-p.html

Have him/her read:
international reply coupon - A coupon that is exchangeable for postage
(representing the minimum postage on an unregistered air letter) at post
offices in member countries of the Universal Postal Union. The coupon is
sold by post offices worldwide.

Worked for me, after I reminded them that the USA was a member country of
the Universal Postal Union !! Hi Hi

All about postage at URL:
http://ac6v.com/callbooks.htm#SERV

And IRC's are now $1.75 -- see USPS Publication 51

Also many European QSL Managers are now accepting Euro's
--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All
. ..

Old September 9th 03, 02:47 PM
Caveat Lector

Have your Post Office Clerk go to USPS URL:
http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/pubs/32html/32h-p.html

Have him/her read:
international reply coupon - A coupon that is exchangeable for postage
(representing the minimum postage on an unregistered air letter) at post
offices in member countries of the Universal Postal Union. The coupon is
sold by post offices worldwide.

Worked for me, after I reminded them that the USA was a member country of
the Universal Postal Union !! Hi Hi

All about postage at URL:
http://ac6v.com/callbooks.htm#SERV

And IRC's are now $1.75 -- see USPS Publication 51

Also many European QSL Managers are now accepting Euro's
--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All
---------------------------
. ..
wrote:

If you receive an IRC, simply take it to any post office and buy

sufficient
postage to reply to the QSL.

If life were only that simple. The postmaster at the U.S. post office
where I live has been trying to figure out what IRC's are for about
a year now. He told me that if he ever does figure it out, he'll let
me exchange them for stamps. I got tired of waiting and sold them.

Many U.S. post offices are fine when it comes to buying IRC's but
when it comes to exchanging one for stamps, forget it......

73, Jim KH2D

aprs help wanted; mexico central and south america David Auletta Digital 10 December 25th 04 09:39 PM
aprs help wanted; mexico central and south america David Auletta Digital 0 November 29th 04 12:18 AM
Air America MondayMornin Antenna 25 April 29th 04 02:10 AM
Delivery / Pick-Up...Service...West Coast to East Coast & South! MTM Boatanchors 0 March 17th 04 08:33 PM
Amateur Radio Operators in the South Pacific Hank Oredson Dx 1 July 29th 03 04:04 AM