Old September 13th 03, 02:48 PM
Caveat Lector

Default Typing a Slashed Zero Ø

Someone asked how to type a slashed zero -- try

In several fonts from WA6AXE
http://www.qsl.net/wa6axe/fonts.html

ALSO this works on my PC

Press and hold the 'Alt' key while typing 0 2 1 6 on the numbers key pad
get Ø

Now to post and read and see if the Ø's come up in ye olde NG

--
73 From The Signal In The -6Ø dBm Noise
Caveat Ø Ya All

Old September 13th 03, 02:51 PM
Clint

But I think that would only be good for YOUR computer,
which is fine if that's all you need it for. If you send a letter
to somebody in HTML (rich text) using this font, if they
don't have it on their computer as well, they'll get that
annoying large square in place of every slash-zero
you have.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Former New York Mayor Ed Koch,
self proclaimed DEMOCRAT,
SHORTLY after the 9/11 attack-

"...everybody has a right to have thier own
oppinion... ...i'm even a Democrat... ...but
in this time of trouble, we need to show the
world our resolve and we're united, and we
should NOT denigrate the president."

--

Tom Daschle believes in the rich paying taxes....
....um, except for HIMSELF...

http://sibbyonline.blogspot.com/2003...e_archive.html

--

If you sympathize with terrorists & middle eastern tyrants,
vote for liberals...

Old September 13th 03, 03:33 PM
Caveat Lector

Did Ø show for u on the NG???

--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All

Old September 13th 03, 03:40 PM
Zoran Brlecic

Clint wrote:
But I think that would only be good for YOUR computer,
which is fine if that's all you need it for. If you send a letter
to somebody in HTML (rich text) using this font, if they
don't have it on their computer as well, they'll get that
annoying large square in place of every slash-zero
you have.

Well, not really, because ALT-0216 is that same Nordic character in
almost every font, except in symbols. The problem is that it really does
not represent zero, so you can only use it for cosmetic purposes and any
logging program will throw up if you attempt to use it. There are fonts
available that display zero with a slash, though.

73 .... WA7AA

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly

Old September 13th 03, 08:08 PM
Dick, AA5VU

This is a test of the slashed zero for KL0S

aa5vu