Old October 15th 03, 05:59 PM
Murray Green

***Thanks.
Mur
======

KeyBoard In The Wilderness wrote:

Yes at URL: http://www.benlo.com/dxmon.html

the weird book notice is there but scroll down and see:

[Introduction] [Download] [Settings] [Operation] [Maps] [FAQ]

----

DX Monitor

by VE3SUN

Version 0.94 is now available for download.
a.. CTY.DAT updates are now retrieved from K1EA's new site.
b.. WWV problem fixed.
c.. Automatic update notification problem fixed.

Please read the FAQ before reporting a problem.

DX Monitor is a standalone Windows 95/98/NT program which monitors the DX
announcements available on the internet at DX Summit and presents the
information in a sortable grid format and on a map centered on your
location.

-------
AND the DX Summit is again operational at 14:16 UTC
--
73 From The Keyboard
-------------------------
"Murray Green" wrote in message

All understood with one exception. When I click on the URL for
the DX monitor it takes me to a page that has the following on it:
Hello World. A life in Ham Radio by Danny Gregory and Paul Sahre
together with a NY Times and Wired Review... A box on the left has
CW written symbols and that's it. Weird.
Thanks.
73, K3BEQ
=======================

Zoran Brlecic wrote:

Murray Green wrote:
For the past 3 or so days, the DX Monitor by VE3SUN which monitors
the DX announcements available on the internet at DX Summit
is not available, according to the web site. The DX Summit seems to
be behind also.

Well, the DX Summit is *the* source of the spots for the DX Monitor
which picks them up from the DX Summit website. The DX monitor is just
the, well, monitor.

Anyone know what the trouble is? I do not recall it being down for
such an extended period of time.

Yes, it's been known to happen before. Hardware failures, virus attacks,
software updates, regular maintenance, angry creditors... who knows?

Note. The URL contained in the message from "Keyboard in the
Wilderness" which states the "DX Monitor is alive and well"
takes me to some web page where you can order books.

??? Nope, the http://www.benlo.com/dxmon.html is "where it's at". Alive
and kicking.

73 ... WA7AA

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly