Old November 5th 03, 07:40 PM
Thierry

Default ON7FF QSL 10 Euros !

"Carl" wrote in message
ws.com...
Hi !

I have just had a QSO with ON7FF (Flanders Fields) from Ypres, Belgium on
40m.(Special Event station to commemorate the town's involvement in WW1).
I was surprised to find that they are asking for a fee of 10 Euros or 10

IRC
for a QSL card and a 'special award'. That sounds pretty expensive !
Does anyone know if they will QSL card-for-card via the bureau without the
10 IRC ?

Hi,

I just received the info : ON7FF is not member of UBA association on Belgium
but only of a regional (local) VRA club. So No QSL via buro according ON4UN
(yes this is the famous low band world expert expert), president of UBA.
ON7FF can, if he wants, ask once a year all his QSLs to UBA but UBA will not
spontaneously send him his QSL, if there are.

That means that you pay or you will never receive his QSL. A pure swindle,
like do V51AS !

A very bad practice that all the ham community has to disapprove of course,
the UBA Pdt too.

Thierry
ON4SKY
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-gs.htm