RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   Need info about Pyramid Antenna and it's performance (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/91541-need-info-about-pyramid-antenna-its-performance.html)

[email protected] March 28th 06 11:34 AM

Need info about Pyramid Antenna and it's performance

Hi All,

I am a SWL from India and hope to get a ticket soon. I am constructing
a simple receiver and i would like to construct a good antenna for my
receiver and in future for my transmitter as well. I came across a
design in a souvenir released by Hamfest India where an antenna called
"Pyramid Antenna" is described. The author gave reference to one design
published in Radio Magazibe 1982 by Steve Bauer,DJIUS. I came across
another similar design described in
http://www.warc.org.uk/clubmag/qsx13.pdf . I would like to know more
about this antenna and the experience of using it, about it's
performance. My house is near a 11KV power line and my antenna will be
less than 15 feet from the above said power line.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Shan
SWL

Doug Smith W9WI March 28th 06 02:38 PM

wrote:
I am a SWL from India and hope to get a ticket soon. I am constructing
a simple receiver and i would like to construct a good antenna for my
receiver and in future for my transmitter as well. I came across a
design in a souvenir released by Hamfest India where an antenna called
"Pyramid Antenna" is described. The author gave reference to one design
published in Radio Magazibe 1982 by Steve Bauer,DJIUS. I came across
another similar design described in
http://www.warc.org.uk/clubmag/qsx13.pdf . I would like to know more
about this antenna and the experience of using it, about it's
performance. My house is near a 11KV power line and my antenna will be
less than 15 feet from the above said power line.

It's an interesting design and certainly *should* work. Can't say I've
ever worked anyone using one.

I would be VERY, VERY, VERY careful about putting any kind of antenna
within 5m of a 11KV power line.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66