Old March 28th 06, 11:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default Need info about Pyramid Antenna and it's performance

Hi All,

I am a SWL from India and hope to get a ticket soon. I am constructing
a simple receiver and i would like to construct a good antenna for my
receiver and in future for my transmitter as well. I came across a
design in a souvenir released by Hamfest India where an antenna called
"Pyramid Antenna" is described. The author gave reference to one design
published in Radio Magazibe 1982 by Steve Bauer,DJIUS. I came across
another similar design described in
http://www.warc.org.uk/clubmag/qsx13.pdf . I would like to know more
about this antenna and the experience of using it, about it's
performance. My house is near a 11KV power line and my antenna will be
less than 15 feet from the above said power line.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Shan
SWL

Old March 28th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Doug Smith W9WI

wrote:
I am a SWL from India and hope to get a ticket soon. I am constructing
a simple receiver and i would like to construct a good antenna for my
receiver and in future for my transmitter as well. I came across a
design in a souvenir released by Hamfest India where an antenna called
"Pyramid Antenna" is described. The author gave reference to one design
published in Radio Magazibe 1982 by Steve Bauer,DJIUS. I came across
another similar design described in
http://www.warc.org.uk/clubmag/qsx13.pdf . I would like to know more
about this antenna and the experience of using it, about it's
performance. My house is near a 11KV power line and my antenna will be
less than 15 feet from the above said power line.

It's an interesting design and certainly *should* work. Can't say I've
ever worked anyone using one.

I would be VERY, VERY, VERY careful about putting any kind of antenna
within 5m of a 11KV power line.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66