Old January 3rd 04, 02:26 AM
unkadean

Default What should I start with?

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:08:42 -0500, John LeMay
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:23:40 -0500, www.activesignals.com wrote:

I will try this again. With do you think is the best equipment to start
out as a ham. Thanks

Purchase what you can afford for use on bands you want to use. Chances are
you will get the most "bang for the buck" out of an HT as your
first rig. I went with a Kenwood TH-F6A as my first rig when I got my
ticket back in January. I've since added a couple dual band mobile rigs to
my equipment list. If I were buying an HT now, I'd probably go for the
new Yaesu.

I have been hamming for 48 years as of 1/23/04. I figure I have spent
well over $100,000. But, you can have just as much fun if you spend
$500 wisely and with your purpose in mind.

BTW John, are you any relation To General LeMay?

Dean

Old January 3rd 04, 02:26 AM
unkadean

wrote:

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:23:40 -0500, www.activesignals.com wrote:

I will try this again. With do you think is the best equipment to start
out as a ham. Thanks

Purchase what you can afford for use on bands you want to use. Chances are
you will get the most "bang for the buck" out of an HT as your
first rig. I went with a Kenwood TH-F6A as my first rig when I got my
ticket back in January. I've since added a couple dual band mobile rigs to
my equipment list. If I were buying an HT now, I'd probably go for the
new Yaesu.

I have been hamming for 48 years as of 1/23/04. I figure I have spent
well over $100,000. But, you can have just as much fun if you spend
$500 wisely and with your purpose in mind.

BTW John, are you any relation To General LeMay?

Dean

Multiband HF Antenna Nipping | Bottom Up or Top Down? Brian Kelly Antenna 1 August 10th 04 02:12 PM
What should I start with? 'Doc Antenna 3 January 4th 04 08:34 PM
Stuck in the Woods / Want Ham Radio David Stinson Boatanchors 9 December 12th 03 09:58 AM
Starting up a DM-21 Dynamotor Derek Cohn/WB0TUA Boatanchors 11 December 6th 03 06:32 AM
Change the Subject Line When You Start a New Thread? Dr. Slick Antenna 0 August 22nd 03 10:54 PM