Old January 25th 04, 12:03 AM
Dee D. Flint

International Morse. All the training programs that I am familiar with are
for International. The old American morse has not been used in amateur
radio since the very early 1900s as it was too choppy for radio transmission
and they switched very early in on in the 1900s to International Morse for
all radio work.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

"Antonio Infante" wrote in message
N8UZE,

I will try that suggestion, however does it do international morse, or
american morse?

TKS TKS,

Antonio Infante
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
gy.com...

"Tony Infante" wrote in message
. ..
Good day folks..

I am curious I am currently stuck on 9wpm, and am seriously

considering
the
purchase of an aid, to get me past this block. Any suggestions as to

which
ones I should purchase?

Any help would be appreciated. Please if you are going to reply to me
directly, then please remove the N.O.S.P.A.M from the reply address.

TKS

Antonio Infante

Down load the G4FON software, which uses the Koch method for training.
Following the directions exactly. Don't add a letter too soon and don't
wait too long to add a letter. Set the letter speed on at least 15wpm.
Higher would be better if you intend someday to do contesting or high

speed
CW.

It sounds like you got trapped by a method that allows you to count dots

and
dashes or uses "sounds like" or "looks like" methods. Both of these

create
a barrier at roughly 10wpm. If so, you are in the position of needing

start from scratch so to speak and learn by sound only.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE