Old April 20th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
David Thompson

Default VU4 Working Europe and Japan

There were several posts about some of the VU4 stations working Europe and
even Japan at the few times the band is open to North America.

SE Asia is the hardest area to work from SE USA. On good days we get a
short 30 to 1 hour opening
and its frustrating to have them working Europe or japan only at that time
especially when the bands are open to Europe for 6+ hours and even more to
Japan.

Please listen for North America (East Coast). Tip of the hat to Charlie,
K4VUD for working USA 4's on 17 as VU4AN/VU3CHE.

Dave K4JRB

Old April 20th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Charlie has mentioned lots of intermod; could be that the VU4's just
aren't hearing USA with all the EU and JA calling in and the 10 other
VU4's operating from the same hotel :-)

I've not heard a peep yet... Unfortunately, it seems like the peak
hours here are late morning and early afternoon on 20m, and I'm in the
lab all day....

Good luck, hope you get 'em.

73,
Dan
N3OX
www.n3ox.net

Old April 20th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
David Thompson

Yes Charlie was having some problems but several of us in 4 land worked him.
I first worked VU4 in 1961 with VU2NR as VU2NRA. There were several on
today but NIL here. I heard one French station thank a VU4/VU3 (on 14250)
for his 50th QSO this week!
73 Dave K4JRB

oups.com...

Old April 24th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Doug Smith W9WI

David Thompson wrote:
Yes Charlie was having some problems but several of us in 4 land worked him.
I first worked VU4 in 1961 with VU2NR as VU2NRA. There were several on
today but NIL here. I heard one French station thank a VU4/VU3 (on 14250)
for his 50th QSO this week!

Ouch!

I finally got 'em on 20 CW this morning - and since I wasn't around in
1961 (OK, I was, but was 2 years oldgrin) they're an alltime new one.

During the half-hour or so I spent in line calling, I heard them work
two stations I'd heard them work before on the same band/mode last week.
I do think it was a different VU3 call though. (not that that's much
consolation to those of us who were beginning to think we'd still need
VU4 when they went home!)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Radio Japan A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 March 24th 04 08:26 PM
Voice of Vietnam-A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 March 19th 04 05:42 PM
Fwd: V of Vietnam A04 WA4009SWL Shortwave 0 March 17th 04 08:58 PM
Radio Japan on 5975 in the midwest? Mike Shortwave 2 February 23rd 04 06:53 PM
How to order Sony part in Europe? Gregg Shortwave 1 September 9th 03 01:05 PM