Old April 21st 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dan/W4NTI

Default What is S1A

Anyone know?

Dan/W4NTI

Old April 21st 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Win

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:30:09 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI"
wrote:

Anyone know?

Dan/W4NTI

Dan, I am not sure. In the 2004 International Call Sign Table it is
not listed. Perhaps someone has a newer table.

Win, W0LZ
Old April 21st 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dan/W4NTI

wrote:

Anyone know?

Dan/W4NTI

Dan, I am not sure. In the 2004 International Call Sign Table it is
not listed. Perhaps someone has a newer table.

Win, W0LZ

I just checked on a couple I found on the Net. No one has it. I've heard
of it before, but don't remember. I asked him and he said "Borga
Principality". I have no idea. Probably some scrounged call not approved
by ITU.

Like they say...work them and worry about it later.

Thanks Win

Dan/W4NTI

Old April 21st 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Win

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:56:26 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Anyone know?

Dan/W4NTI

Dan, I am not sure. In the 2004 International Call Sign Table it is
not listed. Perhaps someone has a newer table.

Win, W0LZ

I just checked on a couple I found on the Net. No one has it. I've heard
of it before, but don't remember. I asked him and he said "Borga
Principality". I have no idea. Probably some scrounged call not approved
by ITU.

Like they say...work them and worry about it later.

Thanks Win

Dan/W4NTI

I did a search on Borga Principality, on both the web and groups, with
no results. For some reason I am thinking a special call out of
Poland. Borga was an area of Europe somewhere back in history, I
think.

Put him in the log, though. Who knows....

Win, W0LZ

Old April 22nd 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Derek Wills

I did a search on Borga Principality, on both the web
and groups, with no results.

It's Seborga, and it's a joke "country" - don't
bother unless you have never worked Italy before!

Derek aa5bt
Old April 22nd 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Brian MW3BAU / 2W0BDW

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
ink.net...
Anyone know?

Dan/W4NTI

All I can find is at: http://homepages.tesco.net/~a.wadsworth/prefixes.htm
and reads:
S1A to S1Z Not allocated by ITU
S1 Principality of Sealand (Unofficial prefix)

Old April 23rd 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dan/W4NTI

"Brian MW3BAU / 2W0BDW" wrote in message

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message
ink.net...
Anyone know?

Dan/W4NTI

All I can find is at: http://homepages.tesco.net/~a.wadsworth/prefixes.htm
and reads:
S1A to S1Z Not allocated by ITU
S1 Principality of Sealand (Unofficial prefix)

Thanks guys, Guess I won't add it to my DXCC list then. HI.

Dan/W4NTI

Old May 6th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
joel noire

hi there,

maybe is possible you mean S51A - the station is very active on all bands!

73 de F5VIY

Joel

link.net...

Old May 8th 06, 12:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Zlatko Feric

"joel noire" wrote in message
hi there,

maybe is possible you mean S51A - the station is very active on all bands!

73 de F5VIY

Joel

no, it was S1A
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seborga
Seborga (not valid for DXCC, counts for Italy)