Old February 1st 04, 04:50 PM
Fred Atkinson

Default Assistance with Ham Projects

I wonder if some of you might be able to help me with two ham
projects I am working on?

The first one is for a ham article I've written on my Web site
(http://www.wb4aej.com/hamdomain). I am trying to round up any ham
radio domain urls to add to the list on it. This means URLs like
http://www.w1aw.com, http://www.wa4zzq.net, http://www.w2enw.org,
http://www.g4ytb.co.uk, etc..

If you know of any, I'd appreciate your emailing them to me so
I can list them.

The second one is an error handling script I am planning to
make available (for free) to ham radio operators who run their own
sites. The intention is to rewrite an existing error handling script
(with the blessing of the author of that script who is a ham, by the
way) so that instead of having bland black text in the upper left hand
corner on a white background, that the message is graphic and displays
ham related photographs as part of the error message.

Those who have nice looking photographs of their towers could
help me by emailing their photo with their callsign and location to me
including a note with permission to use the photograph in this
endeavor. If you have a Web page or site, please provide that to me
as well. When your photograph pops up on somebody's site as a result
of executing the error handling script, it will pop up with your name,
callsign, and country plus (if you provide them) the URL to your Web
site or page, clickable.

Those who help me with this and want first grabs at the script
when I finish it will be provided that opportunity if they want it.
Please understand that I have to prioritize and it won't be completed
in the next few weeks. But, I will keep a list of those who want
first grabs at it and arrange for them to get it first. I might even
be willing to install it on one or two sites for free as alpha
testing.

73,

Fred, WB4AEJ