Old March 14th 04, 03:16 AM
Hank Oredson

"Peter Dougherty" wrote in message
(Peter Lemken) said :

However, a new operator is supposed to join the team within the next two
days and he will at least bring an amplifier and *experience* to the

island.
Most of the operators are not aware of the European opening times, which

is
why the level of frustration is so high among the European stations.

Peter,
Not just EU is frustrated. Even modest stations in the northeastern
parts of North America are having a tough time of it, both due to bad
propagation in the last few days and inexperienced operators. W1s
especially, but 2's aren't much better off.

For a station essentially off the coast of XE/W6 land it should be no
problem for anybody in NA to work them reliably on most bands, but
it's not the case. Nothing here on 10 or 12 at all (although I suspect
that's propagation - MUF hasn't been above 22 or 23 MHz for the last
week at my QTH), only a faint whisper on 40 last week and nothing on
80 (though many in NA did get them on 80, they were inaudible here).

For ten meters it is certainly propagation.
They were 20 over nine in Oregon for hours a couple days ago,
and were having very little luck with anything east of the Rockies.

On 30 meters the signal has ranged anywhere from "Yeah it's on
the cluster but I can't hear squat" to "Why can't they hear anything
but W6s, they are S9 here?" ;-)

--

... Hank

http://horedson.home.att.net
http://w0rli.home.att.net

ZK3SB operation Peter Dougherty Dx 4 February 28th 04 12:37 AM
ZK3SB operation Peter Dougherty Dx 0 February 24th 04 11:52 PM
IC-706MKIIG Comments ?? Ed Cregger Antenna 22 August 30th 03 07:44 PM
BPL/PLC must be stopped or DX will be history – file your comments today Rob Kemp Dx 0 July 2nd 03 02:53 PM
BPL/PLC must be stopped or DX will be history – file your comments today Rob Kemp Dx 0 July 2nd 03 02:53 PM