Old April 5th 04, 05:59 AM
Mike Luther

Default ZK1/AC4LN North Cook QSL's?

Has anyone received a QSL yet for the North Cook ZK1/AC4LN operation?
If so, where did you send you QSL request?

Thanks!

W5WQN

--

-- Sleep well; OS2's still awake!

Mike Luther

Old April 5th 04, 02:58 PM
John Passaneau

I supposed you tried to send to AC4LN's address in Murfreesboro TN with out
results?
He was giving out UA4WHX as his QSL route. The Russian mail system is
unreliable so you may have to try several times before the card gets
through. Also that operation took place in November of last year, the cards
may not be ready yet and some DX stations don't print the cards until they
feel they have most of the cards from people who want one first, it saves a
bit on printing.

--
John Passaneau W3JXP
State College Pa

This mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.

Old June 7th 04, 01:56 AM
Mike Luther

I'll pass this on John .. My North Cook's cards from Vlad arrived today
at the Post Office. They were sent to the Murfreesboro TN address.
Vlad was very kind to handle the QSL's this way. And .. this was a
VERY happy day for me. The confirmations included my first ever North
Cook contacts. This was the needed 310th country confirmed on 40 CW
only here for me, which has been my prime focus for almost 50 years now.
For me the card checking at HamComm in Dallas this year will hopefully
get me the 310 sticker for the original issue 300 Country 40 CW DXCC
that I first turned in two years ago. I'm very greatful for the
kindness of Vlad, as well as the many others who have made it possible
to work toward what I hope will be, before I die, Honor Roll on 40 CW
only..

Mike W5WQN