Old April 25th 04, 03:54 PM
Hank Oredson

Ignore the idiots who complain about FREE software.
They would probably complain about FREE beer as well.
"I only drink Amstel. Get me some for free."

--

... Hank

http://horedson.home.att.net
http://w0rli.home.att.net
"Igor von Uberwald" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

The Ham Radio Deluxe Development Team is pleased to announce the
release of Ham Radio Deluxe v1.2 (final release version)

The major changes wrt v1.2b (build 334) are as follows:

Build 348

Bandspread tuning option
Fixed problem displaying supported commands on Kenwood and TenTec
Added more IC-756Pro options
Added more TS-2000 extended menu options (50A to 50D)
3D tuning bars implemented
Added many more FT-857 and FT-897 options
Added even more FT-817 options
Added CAT command macros
Added DSP high cut and DSP low cut for the TS-2000

You can find more info at:

http://www.ham-radio.ch/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45

and remember: Ham Radio Deluxe is FREEWARE - by radio amateurs for
ALL radio amateurs, regardless of race, creed, class (or lack of
it!) and IQ.

Ham Radio Deluxe has CAT support for the following rigs:

Yaesu FT-100, FT-1000D, FT-1000MP, FT-817, FT-840, FT-847, FT-857,
FT-890, FT-897, FT-900, FT-920, FT-990, ICOM IC-703, IC-706,IC-706MkII,
IC-706MkIIG, IC-718, IC-725, IC-726, IC-728, IC-735, IC-736, IC-737,
IC-738, IC-7400, IC-746, IC-746Pro, IC-751A, IC-756, IC-756Pro,
IC-756ProII, IC-761, IC-765, IC-775DSP, IC-7800, IC-781, IC-910H, IC-R10,
IC-R75, IC-R8500, Ten-Tec Argonaut, Ten-Tec Jupiter, Elecraft K2,
Kenwood R-5000, TS-140S, TS-2000, TS-440S, TS-450S, TS-480SAT/HX, TS-50S,
TS-60S, TS-570, TS-580, TS-680S, TS-690S, TS-790, TS-850, TS-870, TS-940S
and TS-950

145, Pete/Igor PH1PH - G7ECN

Old April 25th 04, 09:51 PM
Peter Lemken

Hank Oredson wrote:
Ignore the idiots who complain about FREE software.
They would probably complain about FREE beer as well.
"I only drink Amstel. Get me some for free."

It's more like: "Please give me your wonderful, free, well tasting beer, but
please be so kind as to serve it in a glass I brought with me, not in a
contaminated paper cup full of holes."

Free Software is not free as in "free beer", it's a lot more than that.

It's also as far from idiotic as you can get.

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly

Old April 26th 04, 12:13 AM
Hank Oredson

"Peter Lemken" wrote in message
Hank Oredson wrote:
Ignore the idiots who complain about FREE software.
They would probably complain about FREE beer as well.
"I only drink Amstel. Get me some for free."

It's more like: "Please give me your wonderful, free, well tasting beer,

but
please be so kind as to serve it in a glass I brought with me, not in a
contaminated paper cup full of holes."

You are quite confused.

Free Software is not free as in "free beer", it's a lot more than that.
It's also as far from idiotic as you can get.

If you don't like the free software, don't use it.
Simple, is it not so?

--

... Hank

http://horedson.home.att.net
http://w0rli.home.att.net

Old April 26th 04, 06:35 AM
Bob Headrick

wrote in message
. au...
I can't understand why hams publish web page after
web page and QST/QEX article after article with their latest circuits
and tricks and the like, but when it comes to software they turn into
Bill Gates himself. Hardly the ham radio spirit.

Ham Radio Deluxe is a great program, with lots of features, a responsive author
and it is *free*. I would suggest you try using it, assming you have one of
the many programs that is supports.

Simon has put a lot of effort into this program over a number of years, and has
added many features and improvements based on inputs from users. It seems to
me that Simon has *exactly* the ham radio spirit.

- 73 Bob W7OV

Old April 26th 04, 07:26 AM
Peter Lemken

Hank Oredson wrote:
Ignore the idiots who complain about FREE software.
They would probably complain about FREE beer as well.
"I only drink Amstel. Get me some for free."

It's more like: "Please give me your wonderful, free, well tasting beer,

but
please be so kind as to serve it in a glass I brought with me, not in a
contaminated paper cup full of holes."

You are quite confused.

No, I am not.

Free Software is not free as in "free beer", it's a lot more than that.
It's also as far from idiotic as you can get.

If you don't like the free software, don't use it.
Simple, is it not so?

No, it is not, but it is obvious that you fail to see the difference between
free and free of charge. Until you grasp the concept of Free Software
(www.fsf.org is a good start), you should not use words like "simple".

Peter Lemken
DF5JT
Berlin