Old May 8th 04, 06:23 PM
M1LCR

Default DX Pedition

Hi

Preparations for the forthcoming DX Pedition are now well underway. With
additional support now being received from the Isle of Man Steam Packet
Company, and recent press exposure,both on and off Island, news is certainly
getting around the Amateur Radio world, that something very special is going
to happen!

As a group, we have just completed making new sets of guys for our aerial
masts, this took some 4,000 Feet of Rope, and we expect to commence testing
of the aerial arrays, very shortly.

In addition, we will also start testing various software based data modes,
for the EME (Earth-Moon-Earth, Moonbounce) attempt.

The teams planning and strategy group, will be visiting the Island on the 15
and 16 May, 2004, to survey the site, and make final arrangements for the
operation.

Please visit http://www.gb4iom.co.uk for all the latest news and updates.

Adrian Rees (M1LCR)