Old June 21st 04, 03:28 PM
L. M. Rappaport

Default Last Weekend To File FCC Comment

As did I. Thanks for simplifying the process - it was very easy.
Let's just hope our comments can influence policy.
--

73,
Larry W1HJF

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:15:51 GMT, yea right wrote
(with possible editing):

"The limit for an unintentional emitter on HF is 30 uV/m at 30 meters from
the source," he said. "If you take a dipole cut for 3.5 MHz and put it in
a 30 uV/m field, you'll have a noise reading of S9 plus 16 dB at your
transceiver."

The FCC has extended the comment period for BPL. If you value radio, this
may be the last and only chance to have your voice heard to stop BPL from
destroying your hobby. The FCC has extended the comment period for BPL.

It is VERY simple to file a FCC comment. Click the link below and enter

04-37

in box #1 (proceeding number) and fill in the blanks. The simplest way to
comment is to type your comment into the box on the bottom of the form.
Sample comment below.

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/upload_v2.cgi

If you see fit, please post this to as many groups as possible
because numbers count! Please mention this in your nets!

More info at http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/02/12/5/?nc=1

If you can't think of any thing to type or wish to make this as painless
as possible, you can cut-n-paste the comment I typed below.

/******************************/

In Writing, I wish to persuade the FCC from allowing BPL to be
implemented. The destruction or at the least, deterioration of the
shortwave bands is not only a violation of ITU laws that protect
international broadcasters from interference and jamming, it will be
destroying many people's life hobby. Amateur radio will be reduced to
users with high-power amplifiers and large antennas. Emergency
communications will be hindered to levels directly responsible for the
loss of life. Also, this will hinder military HF comms reducing national
security

There are many technologies that make BPL unnecessary. BPL will never be
able to carry the high bandwidth demands for mass distribution of video
much less the up-and-coming HDTV.

Thank You!