RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   Field Day 2004 (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/9729-re-field-day-2004-a.html)

William June 28th 04 09:28 PM

wrote in message ...
On 27 Jun 2004 05:26:46 -0700,
(William) wrote:

Jim, did are you grilling your famous chicken marinated in kikoman and
boonie peppers?

Nope, I'm not in Guam anymore. This year for field day we had
deep fried alligator and grits. People in Florida just don't eat
right......

73, Jim KH2D

Mmmmmm.

I was born there. Wished I could have gotten stationed there after
KH2. Would've stayed.

And there's nothing wrong with a big slab of fried mush either.

Charles Bess June 29th 04 04:53 PM

We had torrential downpours in TX. At one point I had 2 inches of running
water going through the tent. I'll not be in a tent placed there again!
Had 216 contacts on PSK and RTTY.

Didn't see a single contact on 10, but quite a bit on 20 and 40 along with
DX on 15.
---
AD5EN

Da Shadow June 29th 04 05:02 PM

WOW on the 216 contacts on PSK and RTTY
Our GOTA station had 18 PSK QSOs (:-)
But we spent a lot of time demo to newbies

--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows