Old November 13th 04, 02:03 AM
Steve S

Default O.T. Push aside internet explorer, get Mozilla firefox, feel the speed with no popups!!!!it's free

Mozilla seems to be 5x's faster loading web pages than I.E., for me I.E. is
out the door.
No popups, just import bookmarks over and move into the next generation of
web surfing.
I am no way associated with the mozilla, just an extemely pleased ham web
surfer.

Old November 13th 04, 08:23 PM
Carl

Yes, better security too !

Mozilla will move over all your email and bookmark data too.

Experience tabbed browsing !

http://www.mozilla.org

check out Firefox too !

Old November 30th 04, 12:44 PM
J. D. B.

There have been numerous articles about IE not keeping up to date over
the past several year. I use Firefox all the time now. Faster, better
and safer. Lot's of add-ons, themes, etc. that can be downloaded right
from Mozilla. IE is dead people, time to kick MSIE out the door.

Bill Turner wrote:
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:23:01 GMT, Carl wrote:

Experience tabbed browsing !

http://www.mozilla.org

check out Firefox too !

If you want tabbed browsing, you don't have to give up IE. Just add the
Maxthon plug-in and you have tabbed browsing and lots of other features
too. Microsoft haters may pop a vessel at this, but IE is still the
best browser, IMO, and I've tried all the free ones.

IE + Maxthon is hard to beat.

--
Bill W6WRT

Old November 30th 04, 03:57 PM

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 07:44:54 -0500, "J. D. B."
wrote:

There have been numerous articles about IE not keeping up to date over
the past several year. I use Firefox all the time now. Faster, better
and safer. Lot's of add-ons, themes, etc. that can be downloaded right
from Mozilla. IE is dead people, time to kick MSIE out the door.

Yeah, but can you werk sum Deee-X with Firefux ?

73, Jim KH2D

Old November 30th 04, 04:24 PM
Peter Lemken

Bill Turner wrote:

Did you even read my post? Before kicking MSIE out the door, try it
with the Maxthon plug-in. You get all the features of Firefox plus the
superior web page rendering of IE.

You also get the Microsoft Security Concept, for free!

Firefox's biggest flaw - and the reason I gave it up - is that it is
intolerant of poorly written web page code. Purists will rant that the
code should be written correctly in the first place, and they are
correct, but I'd rather see the page displayed as written than have a
stroke over it.

I'd rather not use a program that has been responsible for a number of
security compromises that cost a couple of BILLION of dollars during the
last 3 years.

YMMV.

I'm a user, not a crusader. IE+Maxthon rules.

Chaq'un a son gout.

Peter Lemken
Berlin

--
Toleranz, das war doch diese resultierende Verhaltensweise, wenn man sich
zwischen Abscheu und Mitleid nicht entscheiden kann.

(Andreas Kroschel in de.alt.talk.unmut)