Old August 8th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.ham-radio.mods

Default Programming Yaesu FTH-7009??

I need to reprogram a Yaesu FTH-7009 handheld.
Downloaded vertex.zip
Found several schematics for radio interfaces, but
they disagree on whether to invert the return data or not.
Tried both.
Microphone socket seems to be three-pin, with mic on tip, ground on
ring, ?? on shield. Tried several variations of hookup.
No joy. SW just sez "problem with connection".
Scope shows nothing on the line...yes, used digital storage, I didn't
miss it.

Of course, the websites are Russian. Pasting into a translator
didn't help.

Can someone supply the schematic for a working interface with
exact details on wiring of the radio plug and what, if anything,
has to be done on the computer side to make the rs232 port open?
thanks, mike
Old August 8th 06, 10:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.ham-radio.mods

"mike" wrote in message
I need to reprogram a Yaesu FTH-7009 handheld.
Downloaded vertex.zip
Found several schematics for radio interfaces, but
they disagree on whether to invert the return data or not.
Tried both.
Microphone socket seems to be three-pin, with mic on tip, ground on ring,
?? on shield. Tried several variations of hookup.
No joy. SW just sez "problem with connection".
Scope shows nothing on the line...yes, used digital storage, I didn't miss
it.

Of course, the websites are Russian. Pasting into a translator
didn't help.

Can someone supply the schematic for a working interface with
exact details on wiring of the radio plug and what, if anything,
has to be done on the computer side to make the rs232 port open?
thanks, mike

Mike,
I have a working interface and the vertex s/w works just fine.
Mic socket - I use a miniature 2 way, data on tip, ground on sleeve.
On computer I just use COM1, no set up required.
Mail me off list if you need any more info.
Regards,
Eddie