Old August 14th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Kenwood quitting Ham Radio?

The message . 196
from Ed contains these words:

Thats fantastic news! Please tell us more about D-Star gear.

Deryck G0KOR

Do a Google Search on Kenwood D-Star. I found several pictures...

here's one:

http://jh3ykv.rgr.jp/mt/Picture/IMG_0359.JPG

Thanks Ed. I should have been clearer - what new product is expected from
Kenwood?

Deryck G0KOR
Old August 14th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On 14 Aug 2006 17:06:32 GMT, Ed
wrote:

Thats fantastic news! Please tell us more about D-Star gear.

Deryck G0KOR

Do a Google Search on Kenwood D-Star. I found several pictures...

here's one:

http://jh3ykv.rgr.jp/mt/Picture/IMG_0359.JPG

Ed K7AAT

I thought this was very interesting. Kenwood and Icom getting in bed
with each other.

http://www.kenwood.net/indexKenwood....Detail&PRID=61

Dick - W6CCD
Old August 14th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

I think that Kenwood is going away of the amateur-market.
The production of the TS950 and the 790 is ended a long time ago and is
replaced with the TS2000 ... says enough for me i think.....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Hans Pluijgers

callsign : PA3HGT
http://www.pa3hgt.nl

Old August 14th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ed Ed is offline

http://jh3ykv.rgr.jp/mt/Picture/IMG_0359.JPG

Thanks Ed. I should have been clearer - what new product is expected
from Kenwood?

Deryck G0KOR

Other than the D-Star radio? I don't know. Since all three major
Japanese vendors have recent models already on the market, I'd wouldn't be
surprised to not see something else about to marketed just yet.

Ed

Old August 15th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Ten-Tec Products [Was: Kenwood quitting Ham Radio?]

The big differance is that Kenwood produces other electronic items, but
Ten
Tec's only produce ham related items as far as I know. TT has to keep
doing
somethig to sell the rigs or go out of business all together.

Amateur radio equipment is a small part of Ten-Tec's
business. Their radio equipment line also includes
commercial and military applications. In addition.
they sell a lot of enclosures, as well as tool and
die equipment.

73,
Bob
K3PH

Thanks for the info Bob. I had not looked to see what TT has produced in a
while. From what I saw I still doubt that TT could make much of a go if
they quit the ham business.

de KU4PT

Old August 15th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 08:25:25 -0400, helmsman
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:24:15 +0100, deryck lant
wrote:

I heard a rumour on the air that Kenwood is quitting Ham Radio.
Can that be possible true? The TS-480 was truly excellent and
the TS-2000 really an innovation.

Would be a sad loss.

Deryck G0KOR

I still use a TS-450-sat and love it. I also sent them an e-mail. We
shall see.
KG8PM

This pertains to the RUMOR that has been circulating for the last 7
years about Kenwood getting out of the amateur radio business.

Kenwood is fully committed to amateur radio and we have no plans at
this
time of closing our amateur division. Kenwood continues to design and
manufacture amateur radio for our customers. Though the market has
some
what slowed down a little, we continue to put 100% of our time, effort
and engineering skills in our amateur division and we look forward to
the continued support of these products.

Some how there's been a rumor circulating in the amateur world of
Kenwood getting out of the business. For your information, this is NOT
true at all, please pass it along to anyone who has made mention of
such rumor or comment.

Old August 16th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

wrote:

[...]

Of course the original post was "I heard there was a rumor" which means
just about anything (or nothing at all).

But, given that people are buying into it, it makes sense to counter
with more authority.

It's not clear whether you are posting as Kenwood (in which case
it would make a lot of sense to indicate that), or relaying something
you got by email or on their website (in which case you really ought
to indicate where it came from).

Michael VE2BVW

Old August 16th 06, 11:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

The message
from helmsman contains these words:

wrote:

[...]

Thanks. This is excellent news as Kenwood make quality radio products.

Deryck G0KOR
Old August 16th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

wrote:

[...]

Kenwood answered an e-mail I sent them.
KG8PM