Old August 20th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Info: Collins 75S-3C Worn Paint

Hi
I have a Collins 75S-3C Round Emblem, and it has worn paint on the
left side of the Gain plate. Its right next to the bandswitch. Not
the grain on front panel, the worn paint is on the plate. Looks like
the person before me, turning the knob back and fourth had his thumb
always rubbing against the plate and that worned it out. The letters
on the top plate are fine and the right side is fine.
So, does this plate come off and I can get another?
Which would make it alot easier.
Or I have matching paint and I can respray the gray on that side. Not
sure how it will match? And the 5 white indicator
lines, how would I get those back on. They are not fully gone. The
beginning closest lines to the knobs are there,
but when they extend to where the outer end where his thumb rubbed are
gone.
Sorry for the long discription, Rich