Old July 4th 03, 06:43 AM
Mark Keith

Default 60 mod for Icom 706 MkIIG

"Bill" wrote in message ...
I have found conflicting mods for this rig. One with pix is at:
http://www.amghummer.com/Accessories...ll/MARSmod.htm

Anyone tell me if this will work? This surface mount stuff allows no room
for error or easy repair if the mod doesn't work.

Tnx, Bill

I haven't opened up mine yet, but as I remember, the method I saw
seemed to match the instructions on that web site. So as far as I
know, I think it's correct. But I'd get 2nd opinions just to be on the
safe side. BTW, I've heard the easy way to do that is just crush the
resister with needle nose pliers rather than desoldering. But you
might wanna get 2nd opinions on that too...:/ MK

Old July 5th 03, 04:05 PM
Mark Keith

"Bill Hall" wrote in message ...
You sure that "resister" isn't a "diode"? Crushing a component will play
havoc if you send the radio back for repairs!

Hummm, probably is a diode...I didn't pay that close attention to the
part.
If you crush the part, or desolder, it's gone either way. For some
with sloppy soldering skills, crushing might be the preferred method.
But if you desolder, you still have the part. MK

Old July 7th 03, 10:20 AM
AO KD5FXT

diode... 10th in the pkg as i believe

Old July 7th 03, 10:20 AM