Old July 9th 03, 12:36 AM
Al Lorona

Default FS: HW-8

Heathkit HW-8, circa 1977. I am the original owner. The transceiver has
three important modifications:

1. Addition of Forward/Reflected power meter, with a toggle switch on
the back panel to select either FWD or REF during transmit.

2. Addition of RIT. There are an additional two mini toggle switches
installed on the back panel, one to turn RIT on and off, and the other
to switch receive to the opposite sideband for QRM reduction. The
selectivity switch is replaced by a high-quality potentiometer for RIT
tuning. (The HW-8 Selectivity is wired permanently in the 'NARROW'
position.)

3. The weak Heath audio amp has been replaced with an LM386 type to
drive an external speaker.

These are the Ade Weiss W0RSP mods from CQ magazine in the 1970s.

Original manual and schematics.

Original power cord.

I am more than happy to e-mail digital photos of the unit to you on
request. (Sorry, I don't have a web site where I can post them.)

Price: $75.00.

Thanks for reading, and please feel free to reach me via e-mail at
, or via telephone at 626 390 3257.

Regards,

Al W6LX