Old July 9th 03, 02:26 AM
Al Lorona

Default FS: Ten-Tec Scout 555 & accessories

This is the 50W Scout. The following band modules are included:

160 m
80
40
30
20
17
15
10

In other words, everything but the 12 m module. In addition, I have an
extra (new) 30 m band module that I had purchased from Ten Tec a couple
of years ago with the intention of converting it to a 60 m module, but I
never got around to it, and will throw it into the package. Maybe you
can get it working on 60m?

Noise blanker option included.

Mobile mount included. I have a brand new (non-Ten-Tec) microphone that
I will include.

This radio has had the high/low power switch modification performed. A
mini toggle switch on the rear panel switches between 5 W and 50 W. This
mod is fully documented.

Factory mobile power cord (cigarette lighter plug attached). In
addition, I have a few of the correct AMP Mate-n-Lok connectors with
which you can make additional power cords for battery or power supply
operation.

Original manual.

I have digital photos that I would be more than happy to send to you on
e-mail. (Sorry, I don't have a web site where I can post them.)

The radio shows some signs of wear: some of the front panel labels are
worn off, nicks and scratches, etc. I don't know how to rate radios, but
this is nowhere near collector quality, and I have downgraded the price
accordingly. However, the operation is flawless. I just used it on Field
Day from the mobile and it performed beautifully. It is putting out full
power and the PTO tunes exceptionally smoothly. For a solid radio you
can put in the mobile or take on trips, this Scout would let you do that
without worrying about scratching it up.

Also included in the package is a like-new Astron SS-12 power supply &
Scout power cord. This is perfect for powering the Scout at full power,
especially while traveling.

Price: $300. At this price, I pay shipping.

Thank you for reading, and please feel free to contact me via e-mail:
, or via telephone at 626 390 3257.

Regards,

Al W6LX