Old July 10th 03, 01:52 AM
Allodoxaphobia

Default Pontiac Sunfire

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:24:57 GMT, Paul Hinman hath writ:
My son just bought a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire. He said that I can put a
vhf/uhf transciever in the car. Are there any problems or obstacles
that I should be aware of.

Yes. Did you get his girlfriend's permission, too?

HI!HI!
Jonesy
Old July 13th 03, 03:01 PM
Rudi

I would just make the car "radio ready" and plug it into power and antenna
when I wanted to go mobile.

To do this I'd install a magmount in the center of the trunk near the back
window using either the "fold-down" or the removable whip style. Make sure
you scrape the paint off the underside of the trunk lid where the pointed
setscrews bite into the metal to get a good ground. Then I'd run the coax
thru the back seat area, under the rug and up to the driver's area. I'd run
the power cable (remember the fuse on BOTH WIRES) thru the firewall plug or
under the car and up into the driver's area.

"Paul Hinman" wrote in message
My son just bought a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire. He said that I can put a
vhf/uhf transciever in the car. Are there any problems or obstacles
that I should be aware of.

Thanx - Paul VE6LDS